Research Services Specialist
This position supports the activities, staff, and leadership of the Office of Research and the Office of Sponsored Programs and Research Integrity. This position plans events and trainings, supports committees, manages the website, completes research compliance activities and sponsored programs administration.
- Serve as unit Human Resources Liaison.
- Plan and organize events, trainings, and committee meetings.
- Update, organize, and build web pages.
- Follow processes, policies, and procedures to ensure the smooth work flow, timeliness, and compliance of IRB review of research protocols.
- Provide support to AVCR for research committees (schedule group meetings, take minutes, professional contact with faculty, staff and administrators).
- Provide support to Research Integrity Officer for investigations of misconduct. Maintain confidentiality; interact professionally with persons associated with misconduct investigation.
- Provide administrative support for the Undergraduate Research Academy and research scholarship programs.
- Coordinate activities, including meetings and workshops, to support various compliance areas and associated committees.
- Process purchases, monitor budget, and provide accounting reports.
- Design and produce documents, such as the annual report.
- Responsible for day-to-day office operations.
- Conduct special projects as assigned by AVCR and Executive Director of OSPRI.
- Demonstrated experience and proficiency with multiple software systems (e.g., finance systems, HR systems, compliance or research systems; Microsoft Office Suite)
- Demonstrated proficiency in managing websites.
- Willingness to learn
- Maintain confidentiality
- Maintain the highest ethical standards
- Ability to communicate and work with diverse individuals in a professional setting
- Communicate effectively in both verbal & written forms
- Excellent analytical and time management skills
- Ability to edit and write clear, precise, and grammatically correct documents
- Ability to work independently while exercising appropriate judgment in seeking assistance and guidance
- Work effectively under pressure
- Manage a heavy workload with multiple deadlines and competing priorities
- Create and manage documents, databases, and spreadsheets in Word, Access, and Excel
- Establish and maintain effective and collaborative working relationships
- Communicate effectively with all members of the university community, including students
- Knowledge of compliance with various federal, state, and university rules and regulations
- Maintain a sense of humor
For the purposes of FLSA this position has been determined to be exempt from (not eligible for) overtime under FLSA.
Salary Range: $44,000 - $48,000
The University of Colorado, Colorado Springs offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at http://www.cu.edu/employee-services.
The University of Colorado is committed to providing a safe and productive learning, living and working community. To assist in achieving this goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective applicants being considered for employment. Background investigations include a criminal history record check, and when appropriate, a financial and/or motor vehicle history check.
- Possess a Bachelor's degree or combination of education and progressively responsible experience equivalent to 5 years
- Experience in sponsored programs administration or research compliance
- Experience in event planning
- Experience in providing training workshops
- Experience in higher education
Special Instructions to Applicants:• Applications submitted by June 14, 2017 will receive full consideration. • Applications submitted through email or surface mail will not be considered. Please apply at www.cu.edu/cu-careers. • Please submit a cover letter that addresses qualifications and job competencies for this position. • Upon request, please be prepared to provide five professional references (at least two previous/current supervisors), including their email contact information. • Official Transcripts will be required upon hire.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, Unofficial transcript(s)
Job Category: Research Services
Primary Location: Colorado Springs
Department: C0001 -- Colorado Springs Campus - 40020 - AAVC-Sponsored Research
Posting Date: May 31, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: KrisAnn McBroom
Posting Contact Email: email@example.com
Position Number: 00420131