PEOPLESOFT ADMINISTRATION MANAGER
JOB NO.: 90830-LI
Work Type: Staff-Full Time
Categories: Computer Science, Dean, Director, Executive, Engineering, Information Systems/Technology
Employment Class: Limited
Position Vacancy ID: 90830-LI
Working Title: PeopleSoft Administration Manager
Official Title: ASST DIR, ACD CMP S/L(J44LL)
Hiring Department: A064320-INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY/SEO/DRMT
Anticipated Begin Date: JULY 20, 2017
Minimum $95,000 Maximum $120,000 ANNUAL (12 months)
Depending on Qualifications
Degree and Area of Specialization:
No degree required.
Minimum number of years and type of relevant work experience:
* Minimum 7 years of experience supporting Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems
* Experience developing and reporting on metrics relevant to ERP systems.
* Demonstrated outstanding customer service.
* Excellent presentation, communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to nurture openness, honesty, trust and mutual respect.
* Ability to provide leadership, exercise influence, and build consensus and partnerships in a large, complex, and collaborative enterprise.
* Large enterprise experience with PeopleSoft HCM, Finance, and/or Campus Solutions.
* 2 years of experience with information systems project management practices and techniques, including estimating, task planning, scheduling, and change control.
* Experience with leveraging, integrating and managing enterprise Cloud solutions.
* Experience in an environment providing both central and distributed IT services while serving a broad spectrum of stakeholders and customers.
* Experience preparing and managing complex budgets.
* Proficiency with common desktop applications, project and task management applications, IT service management (i.e. Cherwell), and productivity tools (i.e. JIRA).
The PeopleSoft Administration Manager directs the operational, financial, and personnel activities of the PeopleSoft Enterprise System Administration (PESA) group whose mission is to provide PeopleSoft infrastructure and operations support services to the University of Wisconsin-Madison and University of Wisconsin System. Customers for services including the UW System Service Center, UW System Shared Financial Services, UW-Madison's Division of Enrollment Management, and other UW System campuses and services contracting for PeopleSoft support.
The PESA team is responsible for application infrastructure operations and maintenance for HR/Payroll, Finance, three instances of Campus Solutions (for three different UW System campuses), and environments supporting common interfaces between UW PeopleSoft systems. This includes coordination of PeopleSoft infrastructure operations, coordination across major ERP areas (e.g. between Finance and HR), and coordination and supervision of DoIT technical staff who contribute to PeopleSoft ERP deployments. The work in coordinating technical staff resources across the organization often entails negotiation for organizational resources and priorities.
The Division of Information Technology (DoIT) provides technology services to the University of Wisconsin-Madison and a more limited set of services to UW System and other units of state government. DoIT employs approximately 900 people and has an operating budget of over $110 million. This position is located in the Systems Engineering & Operations (SEO) group and reports to the Director of Systems Engineering & Operations.
Instructions to applicants:
Please note that DoIT is not able to provide sponsorship for this position.
In order to be considered for this position, applicants must upload a resume and cover letter. Your cover letter should specifically address the Required Qualifications listed in the Relevant Work Experience section.
Application materials may be reviewed prior to the deadline, in order to update your materials, please notify the contact listed in the job posting.
Additional Link: Full Position Details
The University of Wisconsin is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report contains current campus safety and disciplinary policies, crime statistics for the previous 3 calendar years, and on-campus student housing fire safety policies and fire statistics for the previous 3 calendar years. UW-Madison will provide a paper copy upon request; please contact the University of Wisconsin Police Department.
Advertised: 31 May 2017 Central Daylight Time
Application Close: 10 Jul 2017 11:55 PM Central Daylight Time