Program Manager - International Trade Center (F/T), CF1E21092CENT
The Program Manager will be responsible for the day-to-day operations of the International Trade Center (ITC). This position manages all new and ongoing international business counseling and assistance services, as well as all non-credit international trade programming activities
Position Title: Program Manager - International Trade Center (F/T), CF1E21092CENT
Duties of Position:
- Develop and monitor International Trade Center budgets and goals.
- Conduct one-on-one counseling with indepth advice for business clients seeking international market entry.
- Identify and analyze a company's international trade needs which will include evaluating a company's export capability and readiness.
- Identify trade opportunities and leads for clients.
- Conduct market research and advise in international marketing plans and strategies for small business clients utilizing reference material and databases.
- Develop internal and external resources to accomplish program objectives including actively seeking additional funding resources to include financial sponsorships.
- Create and implement Center publicity and marketing efforts.
- Engage in outreach activities throughout the community and across campus to create awareness and promote ITC services and the Center for Entrepreneurship.
- Identify grant opportunities, respond to Requests for Proposals and submit grant proposal to funding entities.
- Generate required performance reports and program records.
- Develop and deliver seminars, workshops and Exporter's Forums.
- Maintain and analyze data on advising sessions and program effectiveness.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Experience and Education:
Two (2) years' experience in international trade development with a business or economic development organization. This position will require marketing and sales orientation due to public contact and public speaking engagements. Proficiency in written and spoken English.
BA or BS in Business, International Business or related field of study.
Small business ownership or consulting experience with international trade related activities. Foreign language skills are preferred.
Equipment & Working Conditions:
PC, telephone, general office equipment, office and business based software and AV equipment. Valid Illinois driver's license required for extensive in-district and intrastate travel.
General office environment with some early morning, evening and weekend work. In- district and out-of-district travel; occasional overnight travel required.
This position requires a background check and drug screen.
Department: Ctr for Entrepreneurship - CENT
Position Type: Full time - FT
Pay Type: Salary Exempt