Program Manager - HSTI/SLEA (F/T), MFRE20592SLEA
Manage and supervise the Continuing Education Program that includes non-credit courses of instruction funded through fees or grants and delivered to law enforcement and private sector security personnel on a national basis. Functions performed include direct supervision of personnel, training development, marketing, strategic and budget planning, fiscal oversight, internal and external mandated reporting, investigation and supervision of application for federal and state grants and the development and maintenance of relationships within the local and national law enforcement community.
Position Title: Program Manager - HSTI/SLEA (F/T), MFRE20592SLEA
Duties of Position:
- Manage program portfolio, meet annual revenue goals, grow HSTI Membership Program for police departments, support growth and utilization of both HEC and HTC facilities as well as trainings at other sites in Illinois and beyond.
- Supervise the development and delivery of law enforcement and private sector oriented programs.
- Direct continuing education courses to meet the requirements of law enforcement and the certification standards of the Illinois Law Enforcement Training and Standards Board (ILETSB).
- Recruit, recommend for hire, manage, supervise and if necessary, recommend termination of all program personnel, including full and part-time staff.
- Supervise the planning, acquisition, and scheduling of instructional resources required for delivery of the courses of instruction.
- With input from the ILETSB and police executives, develop program-related strategic plans based on the training needs of the law enforcement community and the requirements of the College.
- Engage directly with private sector global security managers to identify subject matter experts and develop curriculum related to the private sector.
- Direct the budget planning, development, and execution, to meet the program's instructional needs and goals.
- Investigate and supervise the application for Federal and State grants to fund the delivery of federally accredited anti-terrorism/homeland security training courses and State supervision and leadership programs.
- Respond to Requests for Proposals and submit grant proposals to funding entities.
- Develop and maintain close working relationships with the ILETSB, IDOC, the various law enforcement agencies, and corporate security personnel in Illinois and other states.
- Develop, implement, and enforce internal security policies and procedures to meet Federal and ILETSB mandated requirements.
- Supervise the preparation and submission of all documentation to meet the College requirements and those of the ILETSB and Federal law enforcement agencies.
- In the absence of the Program Manager for the Basic Police Training Program, or as workload requires, assume that position's managerial responsibilities, including the supervision of employees, Academy Firearms, Defense and Arrest Tactics, Emergency Vehicle Operation programs and all other elements of the program.
- Design and implement program marketing strategies to maximize program participation and revenue.
- Direct and manage, supervise the standards of conduct, and supervise investigation of allegations of student misconduct and the administration of discipline up to and including dismissal from the program.
- Other duties as assigned.
Experience and Education:
10 years as Law Enforcement or Homeland Security officer including 5 years as a supervisor.
BA or BS degree in Criminal Justice or related field.
Previous Command Officer status. Advanced Law Enforcement training, i.e. FBI National Academy, Northwestern School of Command and Staff, Southern Police Institute. Private sector global security knowledge and experience.
MS in Criminal Justice, Homeland Security or related field.
Equipment & Working Conditions:
Microcomputer and other equipment and software necessary for coordination of program. Wireless mobile computer lab.
40 hours per week with some flexibility to adjust to program schedule. Some weekend and evening work. Some out-of-state and week-long travel required. Excellent written and oral communication skills are necessary. Car required.
This position requires a background check and drug screen.
Department: Suburban Law Enforcement Acad. - SLEA
Position Type: Full time - FT
Pay Type: Salary Exempt