COBRE Web Developer
The department of Molecular and Cellular Biochemistry seeks a web site developer to generate a central web hub for Biomedical Research Cores at the University of Kentucky.
The successful applicant will be required to develop a sophisticated web site that educates new and existing Core users as to the services being provided, and enable communication with Core staff.
On the back end of the web site, Core staff will need tools developed that allow the tracking of user-generated projects.
The developer will also be responsible for generating web-based educational multimedia (e.g. videos and slideshows) in conjunction with Core staff.
COBRE Web Developer
7H180:Molecular and Cellular Biochemistry
Type of Position
Position Time Status
Click here for more information about equivalencies:
Required Related Experience
Required License/ Registration/Certification
Sitting for long periods
Monday-Friday 8:30am - 5:30pm (40hrs/wk). No overtime.
Web site development; online video creation; ability to interact effectively with people
Does this position have supervisory responsibilities?
Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related discipline. Experience in the development of sophisticated web sites for organizations, including use of multimedia..
Deadline to Apply
University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * UK HealthCare recognizes the patient as our premier customer and promises to provide excellent customer services to patients, colleagues, co-workers and all others who seek our services. By applying for a position with UK HealthCare, I am indicating my commitment to service excellence and expressing my agreement to consistently recognize that: - Our customer is every person we come into contact with during our workday. - Service is being flexible, courteous and respectful while anticipating and fulfilling the needs of our customers. - Quality is the foundation of everything we do. It is our desire to provide exceptional service to every patient and customer we serve. - Careful, efficient and responsible management of our resources is vital to our success. - We want to attract, develop and retain highly skilled and competent co-workers, which will in turn achieve customer loyalty and promote the growth of UK HealthCare. By submitting my application for employment with UK HealthCare, I acknowledge that I will be held accountable to follow the UK HealthCare Behavioral Expectations if selected for a position with UK HealthCare. Do you agree to abide by the UK HealthCare Standards?
- * Please indicate your amount of paid employment experience with web development.
- More than 0, up through 1 year
- More than 1 year, up through 3 years
- More than 3 years
- * Describe your experience with web development.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Where did you first see this position advertised other than on UK's online employment system?
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- A Colleague, Friend and/or Family Member
- None of the Above
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vita
- Academic Transcript