Coordinator of Academic Technology Services, (PSS2) AFT
Reporting to the Director of Information Technology Services at Cooper Medical School of Rowan University (CMSRU), the Coordinator of Academic Technology Services position serves as a subject matter expert and primary point person in end-user support, lab/system management, and all other IT-related support systems at CMSRU. This position will specifically and comprehensively support all end-user support within CMSRU while collaborating with multiple departments to guarantee proper compliance with Rowan University, policies and procedures.
• Oversee all IT end-user support issues, comprised of CMSRU students, faculty, and staff
• Oversee, configure, and maintain all Lab (ALG, Gross Anatomy, etc.) technology components
• Supervise other CMSRU technicians; coordinate support of incoming support tickets, desktop support projects, and new computer installations.
• Respond to escalated support calls, resolve assigned tickets and document resolutions
• Troubleshoot and repair systems related to medical simulation technologies
• Create and maintain system documentation, operational procedures, architectural documentation and hardware / software inventory
• Propose and implement enhancements that will improve the performance and reliability of CMSRU IT systems
• Client management of the enterprise profile management software, privileged account management software, asset tracking system and antivirus/antimalware/encryption solution.
• Propose enhancements that will improve the performance and reliability of client systems and services to Device Management.
• Participate in the organization’s change management process
• Collaborate with Rowan Network and System Services to ensure CMSRU follows proper system processes and protocol
All applicants must have the following qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent education.
• At least three (3) years of professional experience directly related to the above job responsibilities. This includes working with (but not limited to) operating systems such as Windows and Mac OS X, productivity packages such as Microsoft Office, Adobe Master Collection, and Virus/Malware tools.
• Understanding of Ethernet networking, TCP/IP, and wireless networks using 802.11a/b/g/n/ac
• Strong background supporting, configuring, and troubleshooting mobile devices (iPads, iPhones, etc.) in a centrally managed environment
• Familiarity with virtualized environments such as Citrix
• Experience with security software such as door access controls and security cameras
• Strong analytical problem solving skills
• Ability to quickly grasp technical issues and offer solutions
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Extremely customer service oriented
• Professional business demeanor
Rowan University values diversity and is committed to equal opportunity in employment. All positions are contingent upon budget appropriations.