Assistant Athletic Director / Coordinator of the Master's in Coaching Program
Founded in 1845, Wittenberg is a nationally ranked, private, liberal arts college related to the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America and has an enrollment of about 2,000 students. Wittenberg enjoys a national reputation for excellent academic standards and is widely known for its friendly and welcoming atmosphere. Wittenberg has an exceptional staff and award-winning faculty who share a commitment to undergraduate teaching, research, and development of students into successful global citizens. Situated on 100 acres of rolling hills in Springfield Ohio, Wittenberg is easily accessible from Columbus, Dayton and Cincinnati.
Wittenberg is a NCAA Division III institution participating in the North Coast Athletic Conference (NCAC) and offers a broad-based intercollegiate athletics program with 24 varsity teams - 12 for men and 12 for women - and numerous club and intramural opportunities. Annually, Wittenberg places among the top four in the North Coast Athletic Conference All-sports standings.
Wittenberg University is seeking applications for an Assistant Athletic Director/Coordinator of the Master's in Coaching Program. The successful candidate will assist the Director of Athletics & Recreation in leading aspects of an NCAA Division III athletic program and teach, advise, and mentor undergraduate and graduate students in the HFS & Master's in Coaching programs.
Essential functions include, but are not limited to:
- Interact effectively and appropriately with student-athletes, parents, alumni, faculty, peers, community members, and administrators.
- Ensure student-athlete academic integrity.
- Provide vision, direction, and programming to support a holistic and integrated scholar-athlete experience from recruitment to graduation.
- Supervise sport and administrative programs in athletics &/or recreation.
- Serve as Senior Woman Administrator and Deputy Title IX Coordinator.
- Serve as both Program Coordinator for the Master's in Coaching program which includes recruitment, marketing, and advising of master's students and Instructor in Health Fitness & Sport teaching up to 3 courses per academic year.
- Provide mentoring, orientation and support to athletic department staff members including new hires, head and assistant coaches, and graduate assistants.
- Adhere to NCAA, conference, departmental, and university policies, procedures, and expectations.
- Serve on various University committees as assigned by Director of Athletics or Provost's Office.
For this position, we require that candidates possess a master's degree, with a preference for candidates with a PhD in a sport-related field. Previous coaching and teaching experience is preferred. Knowledge of Microsoft office, social media, and recruiting software (i.e. Frontrush) is also a plus.
A commitment to the mission and values of Wittenberg University and Division III is essential.
The position requires some night, evening, and weekend work. Occasional travel is also required.
Wittenberg is committed to attracting and retaining highly qualified individuals who collectively reflect the diversity of our student body and society at-large. We believe it is educationally imperative to further our students' appreciation and understanding of a culturally diverse society, and we are committed to ensuring a diverse environment for all individuals, regardless of race, gender, religion, nationality, ethnicity, sexual orientation, physical ability, or disability. In that spirit, we are especially interested in receiving applications from individuals who would contribute to the diversity of our community.
Review of applications will begin immediately and the position will remain open until filled.
We ask candidates to set-up an account and make application through our online system. To apply, please upload the following documents in MS Word or Adobe Acrobat format.
2. Cover letter
3. Name, address, and phone number of three professional references.
If you are a person with a disability and require assistance with the application process, please contact Wittenberg's Human Resources Department at 937.327.7517.