Job Summary/Basic Function:
This position is responsible for assisting in directing the college’s student registration and records retention functions.
• Oversees and manages the implementation and maintenance of special initiatives and projects set forth by the University System of Georgia and/or Gordon State College.
• Supports and assists the Registrar in directing the day-to-day operations of the Registrar’s Office.
• Oversees the degree evaluation process.
• Directs graduation preparations for the Registrar’s Office.
• Oversees and manages the transfer articulation systems; assists faculty and staff with the interpretation of transfer course descriptions and the evaluation of transfer credit.
• Assists students, faculty, staff and external clients in the resolution of questions and the interpretation of policies and procedures.
• Prepares and submits data on students and educational activities to governmental and educational agencies.
• Reviews and evaluates the current business practices of the Registrar’s Office; proposes and implements more efficient practices when needed.
• Acts as the office liaison to the Information Technology Department.
• Performs related duties.
• Knowledge and level of competency commonly associated with the completion of a baccalaureate degree in a course of study related to the occupational field.
• Experience sufficient to thoroughly understand the work of subordinate positions to be able to answer questions and resolve problems, usually associated with three years experience or service.
KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED BY THE POSITION
• Knowledge of student records management principles.
• Knowledge of college registration processes.
• Knowledge of academic grading and transcripts.
• Knowledge of data analysis and reporting.
• Skill in the delegation of responsibility and authority.
• Skill in the operation of computers and job related software programs.
• Skill in decision making and problem solving.
• Skill in interpersonal relations and in dealing with the public.
• Skill in oral and written communication.