Administrative Assistant - Academic Affairs (Part Time)
Job Summary/Basic Function:
Performs administrative, secretarial, and clerical duties in support of the Department of Academic Affairs at Gordon State College.
• Answers telephone and greets visitors; provides information and assistance; refers to appropriate personnel.
• Receives student forms and routes to appropriate personnel or department.
• Prepares reports, correspondence and memoranda.
• Monitors and updates the Academic Affairs area of the GSC website.
• Inputs approved excused absences for students on the web.
• Accepts and initiates the processing Special Academic Requests.
• Maintains the Academic Affairs directory, monitors the Faculty Locator and updates/inputs faculty office locations, phone numbers and mailing addresses into Banner INB.
• Manages the department calendar; schedules appointments and coordinates travel for the VPAA and AVPAA.
• Coordinates with facilities management regarding building maintenance and repairs.
• Modifies and updates various internal documents, reports and publications.
• Maintains the confidentiality of Academic Affairs correspondence and business.
• Performs related duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED BY THE POSITION
• Knowledge of modern office practices and procedures.
• Knowledge of college and department policies and procedures.
• Knowledge of computers and job-related software programs.
• Skill in prioritizing and organizing work.
• Skill in the use of such office equipment as a computer, scanner, fax machine, and copier.
• Skill in oral and written communication.
• Knowledge and level of competency commonly associated with completion of a high school education.
• Sufficient experience to understand the basic principles relevant to the major duties of the position, usually associated with the completion of an apprenticeship/internship or having had a similar position for one year.