Global Education Advisor – Summer Programs
The Global Education Advisor- Summer Programs has primary responsibility for developing, coordinating and marketing programs/procedures and assisting faculty with short-term Off-campus/Study Abroad programs. She/he will work with faculty for recruitment, enrollment and preparation of students for summer off-campus study, as well as assisting with summer program employments, program logistics and expense reconciliations after programs return to campus. This is a full-time, 11 month, benefits eligible position.
• Act as the main point of contact and advisor for students regarding off-campus and study abroad programs. Advise students about program design and requirements, including but not limited to student learning goals, course selection/equivalencies, and application guidelines.
• Provide guidance to faculty and academic and administrative departments in regards to summer off-campus and study abroad programs.
• Respond to inquiries during the various stages of off-campus program participation including pre-application, pre-departure, on-site, and post-experience.
• Effectively communicate with Bucknell students, staff and faculty to ensure completion of all program applications and required documentation post-acceptance including required health and safety compliance. Assist students in post acceptance procedures to enhance a safe study abroad experience and smooth transfer of credit.
• Work with faculty for the recruitment, enrollment and preparation of students for summer off campus study, employment and program logistics.
• Coordinate travel logistics, procurement of tickets, provide assistance with travel documents, and travel insurance coordination for students, staff.
• Track expenditures and assist with the financial operations of the Office of Global and Off-campus Education. Includes, but not limited to, preparing program budgets, preparing third party invoices, and reconciling post study abroad program expenses.
• Maintain accurate program and student records and prepare reports for areas as needed.
• Promote intercultural learning and student development through the design and delivery of orientation programs, online learning content, presentations, and written educational materials.
• Ensure compliance with Bucknell travel policies and requirements. Advise students, faculty and staff on these policies.
• Assist in the review and develop student onsite emergency plan for Bucknell-in summer off campus programs and provide recommendations as appropriate.
• A Bachelor's degree
• At least one year experience working with diverse constituency groups including students, faculty, external providers, and community members.
• Demonstrated knowledge of health and safety issues in education abroad, advising, program and policy development.
• Excellent written and verbal communication, and interpersonal skills.
• Strong attention to detail, multitasking, time management, and organizational skills including ability to work independently and cooperatively as a team member.
• Demonstrated commitment to diversity and inclusiveness.
• Ability to use good judgment, discretion, and sensitivity in dealing with confidential matters.
• Experience developing or managing programs or projects.
• Weekends and night hours may be required.
• Master's degree in a relevant field.
• At least 3 years of professional experience in higher education.
• Significant experience living, studying, or working abroad.
• Experience working with diverse groups and with college students.
• Demonstrated knowledge of industry standards for education abroad as developed by the FORUM, NAFSA, etc.
• Demonstrated skill in creating, writing, and implementing comprehensive policies, protocols, forms, instructions and handbooks with appropriate technical content, style and grammar, and guiding the approval of such documents through a complex organization.
In order to be considered for the position, all applicants are required to submit online a candidate profile, a letter of interest, a current resume, and a list of three references through the following site: http://careers.bucknell.eduBucknell University provides equal opportunity without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, marital status, veteran status or disability in admissions, employment and in all of its educational programs and activities.
Bucknell University believes that students learn best in a diverse, inclusive community and is therefore committed to academic excellence through diversity in its faculty, staff, and students. We seek candidates who are committed to Bucknell's efforts to create a climate that fosters the growth and development of a diverse student body, and we welcome applications from members of groups that have been historically underrepresented in higher education. Bucknell University is a private, highly ranked, national liberal arts institution that also offers strong professional programs in engineering, business, education, and music. Located in Central Pennsylvania along the Susquehanna River, Bucknell is nestled in the Borough of Lewisburg, an architectural gem that has been ranked as one of America's best small towns.
Bucknell is a NCAA Division I (FCS) and Patriot League member institution, that sponsors 27 varsity athletics programs.