Dean, School of Nursing & Behavioral Sciences
The Dean provides leadership for the School of Nursing and Behavioral Sciences, a School that houses Becker’s Nursing, Exercise Science, Education, Psychology, Mental Health Counseling, and Criminal Justice programs. Deans are responsible for the overall operation of their respective units. As such, they are academic administrators of major importance to the College. Reporting to the Vice President for Academic Affairs, the Dean has both the authority and responsibility for planning, budgeting, scheduling, personnel matters, curriculum, instruction, development and other academic matters within their School.
A key function of the Dean’s role involves the development and growth of external relationships. The Dean will actively engage in maintaining and expanding links with the local, regional, and national nursing, accreditation, and health care organizations. The context of these linkages includes academic planning and development, collaboration, and community engagement.
The incumbent must be able to handle challenging and diverse projects simultaneously and also build upon the college’s existing established relationships with a number of national and regional organizations in order to continue and increase their support of college priorities. The Dean will have a professional and academic background in the health sciences. The Dean may teach up to 4 courses each academic year in area(s) of expertise, advises students as required.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Create and sustain a culture that fosters positive faculty, staff and student engagement, academic rigor, teaching excellence, and research productivity.
- With the support of Institutional Research, provides and interprets department and program metrics as part of annual and cyclical program evaluation.
- Responsible for ensuring that all appropriate regulatory requirements are met.
Long/Short Term Planning
- In conjunction with Institutional Research, develop and improve on metrics to be used in annual and cyclical program evaluation activities, including enrollment, retention and fiscal components and faculty/student ratios.
- Leads grant-writing and other fund-raising activities with results sufficient to support and sustain program expansion and growth.
- Ensures and documents compliance with Academic program related standards of accreditation for NEASC and program specific accreditations.
- Participates on academic and institutional committees as appropriate and/or designated by the VPAA.
- Represents the College at outside organizations and identify and support faculty opportunities for same purpose.
- A Ph.D. or other terminal degree in a nursing or health care related.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience of teaching, and managing in higher education.
- An ability to create a culture of excellence in teaching, mentoring, and scholarship.
- An ability to establish, to maintain, and to expand relationships with multiple constituents on local, regional, and national levels.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team, build effective relationships, and manage multiple projects simultaneously in a deadline-driven environment.
Qualified Candidates please send resume, cover letter and three professional references to Steven Bourgault, Associate Director of Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply for Dean, School of Nursing & Behavioral Sciences
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly