Director, Student Engagement - Coll. of Liberal Arts & Sciences
Azusa Pacific University is a comprehensive, evangelical, Christian university located 26 miles northeast of Los Angeles, California. A leader in the Council for Christian Colleges & Universities, APU is committed to excellence in higher education. Offering over 80 bachelors, masters and doctoral programs on campus, online, and at seven regional centers across Southern California, APU has been recognized as one of U.S.News & World Report's Best Colleges for seven years running. The university provides outstanding opportunities for staff in advancement, professional growth, and Christian ministry. APU seeks staff who model excellence in their discipline and have a clear and compelling understanding of their faith and Christian commitment.
For staff positions, please apply directly at: http://apustaffjobs.silkroad.com
The College of Liberal Arts of Sciences advances the mission of the university by cultivating academic programs of excellence in the humanities, social sciences, and STEM disciplines; fostering a culture of scholarship among faculty and students; and preparing students for advanced study, civic engagement, vocational success, and a well-lived life. It houses 21 undergraduate majors and three stand-alone minors with a combined enrollment of 2,200.
While reporting to the dean of the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences (CLAS), the director will collaborate with the Undergraduate Admissions Office to play a central role in increasing CLAS enrollment and building partnerships with high schools, faith-based organizations, and other external community groups. This director must be adept at networking and building relationships and be able to clearly articulate the mission, ethos, and values of the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences.
- Bachelor's and Master's degrees are required. A degree from one of the majors housed in the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences is preferred.
- Five to seven years of progressively responsible professional experience, preferably in either recruitment/admissions
- Five or more years of experience in a position requiring presentations to public audiences and/or extensive interpersonal interaction with clients/customers/constituencies
- Higher education experience, including the recruitment cycle, is essential
- Experience with technology, social media, and digital communication
- Experience working with faculty in a university setting
Primary Duties/Essential Functions
In collaboration with the Undergraduate Admissions team:
- Develop and execute recruitment strategies to meet or surpass CLAS student applicant, admit, and enrollment (yield) goals
- Develop and execute CLAS-specific recruitment events designed to increase student enrollment
- Serve as a point of contact for CLAS prospective students and their families, providing consistent, accurate, and timely information about programs within the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences
- Monitor, process, and manage inquiries and applications, utilizing the Undergraduate SRM database to document interactions
- Exercise judgment in making recommendations regarding student applications
- Serve as budget manager for the Undergraduate Student recruitment budget
- Write, edit, and proofread material for the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences such as reports, email correspondence, invitations, and acknowledgements, as well as copy for print and digital communications
- Supervise and direct student interns
- Represent CLAS to various public audiences (i.e. community events, high schools, college fairs, and conferences) in writing and through speaking engagements
- Participate in bi-monthly Admissions leadership team meetings
- Demonstrate a lifestyle consistent with the values and the ethos of APU and actively pursue Christ-like character in one's life
- Perform other duties as assigned
Azusa Pacific University is a Christ-centered, multicultural community that values and seeks faculty and staff who are committed to diversity, work effectively with diverse populations, and engage others in ways that honor our rich cultural mosaic and biblical foundation.
Click below to discover some of the many benefits APU employees enjoy including competitive health care options, an 8% retirement match, and a generous tuition discount.
You can learn more about APU by watching the stories of faculty, staff, and alumni as they carry out our mission here: http://www.apu.edu/stories/
Azusa Pacific University will conduct a background check on all final candidates.
Review of applications will begin immediately, and the position will remain open until filled unless otherwise stated. Azusa Pacific University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.