Supervise the total construction effort of commercial building construction projects to ensure the project is constructed in accordance with design, budget, schedule, and exceptionally high level of quality.
• Plan, coordinate and supervise on-site functions. This includes project safety, scheduling, engineering, material control, daily activity planning.
• Supervise contractors own employees and subcontractors as required by the project's needs.
• Provide technical assistance, recommending construction methods and equipment as required.
• Ensure all onsite personnel comply with project procedures, safety program requirements, work rules, etc. Document all violations, notify project management, and recommend/implement corrective actions as required.
• Interfacing with client representatives, AE representatives and other contractors, etc. as required.
• Work together with project team on a daily basis to communicate production goals and quality specifications of work, discuss issues that have surfaced (around people, means and methods, material or equipment use, etc. extra or out of scope work), and ideas to help team achieve project goals.
Qualifications / Requirements:
• Minimum of five years construction management and/or craft supervision experience in a commercial building construction.
• Thorough knowledge of all aspects of construction (technology, equipment, methods), engineering, cost control schedules and safety required.
• Four year engineering degree or equivalent combinations of technical training and/or related experience preferred.
• Excellent communication, organizational and supervisory skills essential.
• Demonstrated ability to identify and implement detailed solutions to complex technical problems.
• Computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
A competitive salary and benefits will be commensurate with qualifications.
Ouellet Construction is a multi-generational, family-led team of passionate project and field managers that consistently deliver exceptional commercial construction in Southern Maine and beyond. We're committed to a uniquely honest, highly personalized, and collaborative process that minimizes surprises and guarantees an on time, on budget, and on plan job. As a trusted partner for businesses and organizations across education, healthcare, science, retail, and banking, Ouellet Construction is determined to establish enduring value from our upfront vision-for your next building as much as our relationship with you.
Tue, 30 May 2017 12:45:40 PDT