Williams Civil Construction is currently looking for a full-time Superintendent with significant experience in Heavy Civil Construction. Employee benefits include PTO, health and dental insurance, 401(k) savings plan, company vehicle, computer and cell phone.
The Superintendent works in conjunction with the Project Manager to coordinate all site construction activities and supervises all field personnel, as required to successfully complete the project on schedule and within budget. This includes maintaining the highest quality, supervising all trade and field personnel, while administering good construction safety practices with all on-site activities. Ultimately the Superintendent is responsible for ensuring that every facet of the project is completed safely and efficiently.
Required Education, Experience and Qualifications
1) Construction-related bachelor's degree and/or five years of construction supervisory experience.
2) Direct experience and knowledge of road construction, underground utility construction, and site work construction.
3) Must possess a 30 hour OSHA certification or obtain within 30 days of job offer.
4) Must be able to read, understand and interpret blue prints, construction contracts, subcontracts and other construction documents, plans and specifications.
5) Ability to initiate and maintain business relationships - including working effectively with owners, engineers, co-workers, subcontractors, suppliers, and the general public
6) Must be able to travel to and live in the area of remote construction project locations as may be required for whatever periods of time as are necessary to complete such projects.
7) Must be able to demonstrate a sound understanding of job cost accounting.
8) Must understand scheduling and coordinate trades, manpower and equipment needs.
9) Must have considerable knowledge of the materials, methods and techniques relative to road, underground utility and site work construction.
10) Must have a valid Driver's License (Class A CDL preferable), pass a background check and pre-employment drug test.
11) Must be proficient in the use of a PC, including office programs and e-mail.
Job Duties include but are not limited to:
1) Ensure that everybody on the site adheres to the company safety procedures.
2) Completes Daily Field Production Reports each day.
3) Create and maintain a project schedule, including a 3 week look-ahead schedule, updated weekly.
4) Coordinate with Project Manager to secure needed labor, equipment and material.
5) Participate in and supervise workers operating light, heavy, and special motorized equipment commonly used in civil construction.
6) Supervise construction projects from general plans and instructions given.
7) Make minor repairs and adjustments to field equipment and coordinate repairs with Equipment Manager.
8) Communicate effectively both verbally and written with supervisor, crew, owners, and the public.
9) Hire, discipline and terminate field personnel.
Please include a list of completed past projects with a description of the overall project and your specific role in each project. This position will remain open until filled. WCC is an equal opportunity employer.
Williams Civil Construction is a full service, experienced general contractor capable of meeting all your civil construction needs. We have extensive experience in small & large projects, whether commercial, industrial, residential, municipal or agricultural. Our expertise in piping & lined containment applications is unmatched. We offer complete design build services for your projects. Our past projects range from mine remediation to waste water treatment plants to agricultural containment to road building to residential subdivisions.
Tue, 30 May 2017 10:33:14 PDT