Site Superintendent - Commercial Construction
Gaithersburg, MD Commercial Construction Firm seeks a Site Superintendent with 10+ years' experience in commercial base building and multifamily building construction.
Key Roles/Responsibilities include:
- Manage on-site projects from start to finish meeting project schedule, troubleshooting issues, ensuring subcontractors meet contract commitments and owner/management is informed of project status.
- Communicate daily with Project Manager.
- Interface with PM, architect or client to address and resolve project issues and concerns.
- Ensure and manage job site safety, security and cleanliness.
- Handle change order requests and ensure accurate accounting of changes and additional work performed.
- Participate in weekly meetings with owner, management and Project Manager.
Qualified candidates have the following skills, knowledge, and experience:
- 10+ years of commercial building construction and adaptive use/ renovation experience successfully managing field crews and subcontractors. Experience with base building and multifamily building construction a must.
- Computer literate in Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Expert knowledgeable in commercial building systems and construction plans and documentation.
- Ability to instruct and inspect superior craftsmanship.
- Proven experience setting realistic expectations and surpassing them.
- Demonstrated excellence in managing the client relationship during a project.
- Proactive with ability to anticipate and solve problems before they arise.
- Capacity to coordinate multiple tasks through superior time management skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Works collaboratively and holds oneself to very high standards.
- BS or BA degree from an accredited college or related work experience and knowledge.
- Bilingual a plus.
We are an established company that is growing. We offer competitive salary and benefits and a fun, challenging, and rewarding work environment.
We seek local candidates (DC, MD and VA) only at this time. Please do not apply if you do not have experience in supervising full-scale commercial construction projects.
ECI builds condominium and apartment buildings (ranging in size from 4 units to 200 units), schools, churches, synagogues, community centers, automotive dealerships, restaurants and retail stores, commercial buildings, and office interiors. We have completed millions of square feet of commercial construction and more than 5,000 residential homes. We have been operated by the same principals and headquartered in Rockville, MD since our inception.
ECI is a multi-generational business, founded in 1974 by John Eichberg. Our team is guided by Mr. Eichberg's code of personal ethics and inspired by his dedication to ECI and his clients and employees. CEO John Doyle joined in 1979 and President Jay Eichberg came aboard full time in 1989. So the three principals have a combined tenure of 100 years at Eichberg Construction. Project Executives Kevin Connelly and Dan Kolakoski joined in 2003 and 2004, and manage ECI's staff of project managers, assistant project managers and site superintendents. Project Coordinator Debbie Rodgers joined in 2007 and helps keep ECI running smoothly.
ECI's strategy has remained consistent across the decades: work tirelessly to exceed our clients' expectations and deliver quality work. We build efficiently and collaboratively with the owner and the design team, always with our focus on quality. We are honest and diligent; our reputation is everything. Proof of that is demonstrated in one simple fact: During the first 40 years of our firm's existence, completing more than 1,900 construction projects, we have never been involved in litigation with a client, and only once had to use arbitration to collect a debt. When we fall short, we take responsibility and make things right. In the construction industry, it's rare that relationships survive through consecutive projects. There are many pitfalls that can tangle even the friendliest owner/builder/architect teams in bitter dispute. We have stayed out of trouble by doing excellent work and communicating freely with our clients to avoid dispute. We put ourselves in their shoes and treat owners and architects like we want to be treated.
Tue, 30 May 2017 10:46:16 PDT