LAB SERVICES ASSISTANT C
Duties: Under the direction of the Director of Laboratory Operations and the Associate Director, Lab Safety and Gene Therapy Program Operations, the individual will perform general laboratory support functions including but not limited to:
* Monitoring of common use laboratory equipment and performing maintenance when scheduled/required.
* Coordinating, observing and documenting equipment calibrations.
* Monitoring of laboratory conditions and activities for compliance to laboratory safety standards and/or good laboratory practices.
* Assisting in equipment cleaning, disinfecting, replacement and relocation.
* Collection/distribution and washing of glassware.
* Assisting in bio-hazardous waste management.
* Assisting with preparation of laboratory stock solutions.
Qualifications: * High School diploma with an additional 12 to 18 months of education/training beyond High School and 1 to 2 years of experience or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
* Ability to lift and push up to 50 lbs.
* Willingness to work with biological materials and in conditions that may expose them to chemicals.
* Willingness to undergo extensive lab safety training.
* Willingness to comply with lab safety standards, such as wearing personal protective equipment.
* Ability to read, write and speak English.
At least 2 years working in a scientific environment; basic understanding of laboratory safety practices; good customer service skills; ability to explain problems/issues/solutions; ability to follow both written and verbal instructions; ability to work as a member of a team.
Reference Number: 40-25907
Salary Grade: 023
Employment Type: Non-Exempt
Org: DM-Gene Therapy Program
Special Requirements: Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.
Job Family: 6-Technical Scientific/Statistical