LAB SERVICES ASSISTANT A
Duties: Under the direction of the Director of Laboratory Operations and the Associate Director, Lab Safety and Gene Therapy Program (GTP) Operations, the individual will perform general laboratory support functions including but not limited to:
* Traveling between facilities to collect and deliver biological samples and supplies (may require occasional driving in rented or GTP-owned vehicle).
* Collecting bags/bins of bio-hazardous waste.
* Loading and unloading the autoclave.
* Assisting in equipment cleaning, disinfecting, replacement and relocation.
* Collection/distribution and washing of glassware.
* Preparation of laboratory stock solutions.
* Receiving, unpacking and stocking inventory.
* Maintaining liquid nitrogen tanks supply (including relocation of tanks throughout facility).
Qualifications: A High School Diploma or GED and 0 to 1 year of experience or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
* Ability to lift and push up to 50 lbs.
* Ability and willingness to be active throughout the day (traveling though out and between facilities, retrieving and delivering items).
* Willingness to work with biological materials and in conditions that may expose them to chemicals.
* Willingness to undergo extensive lab safety training.
* Willingness to comply with lab safety standards, such as wearing personal protective equipment.
* Ability to read, write and speak English.
* Valid PA drivers license.
1-2 years working in a scientific environment; good customer service skills; ability to explain problems/issues/solutions; ability to follow both written and verbal instructions; ability to work as a member of a team.
Reference Number: 40-25908
Salary Grade: 021
Employment Type: Non-Exempt
Org: DM-Gene Therapy Program
Special Requirements: Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.
Job Family: 6-Technical Scientific/Statistical