Sr. Director/Associate Athletics Director, Development
8AM - 5PM
$92,300 - $137,100
Under the general direction of the Executive Director of Individual Giving and in close coordination with the Athletics Director, will be responsible for the conceptualization, planning, and implementation of a development and fundraising program that will result in the generation of private support including corporate, foundation, and individual major gifts for the program initiatives of UCR Intercollegiate Athletics. Develop a high profile for UCR Intercollegiate Athletics by enlisting the assistance of alumni, media relations, and marketing professionals. Develop detailed gift opportunities tailored towards the interest of potential major donors, consistent with established needs and priorities of the intercollegiate Athletics Department. Oversee the implementation of prospect cultivation and solicitation for assigned programs and priorities of the campus and the set by the Associate Vice Chancellor of Development. This is a two year, renewable contract position which includes the same employee benefits afforded career employees. Cover letter required.
Good written and interpersonal communication skills to establish and maintain good working relationships throughout the campus and/or medical center and with external constituencies.
Working knowledge of fundraising, donor relations and public relations concepts, principles, procedures and techniques.
Strong sense of ethical conduct that will inspire confidence and motivation with the proven ability to persuade colleagues and donor prospects, while maintaining confidentiality in all matters as they relate to sensitive donor relations issues.
Proven experience in the full spectrum of development including cultivation, stewardship and donor recognition.
Ability to travel outside of normal business hours.
Experience to direct the design of strategies for cultivation and solicitation of prospective donors.
Working knowledge of the campus and/or medical center, its vision, mission, goals, objectives, achievements and infrastructure.
Good organizational, analytical and critical thinking skills.
Ability to use a dedicated relational donor database system.
Exceptional skill in communicating persuasively, both orally and in writing, about private gift fundraising in general and in particular as it applies to UCR.
Working knowledge of applicable laws, rules, regulations, policies, et cetera.
Ability to conceptualize, design and implement a development program.
Skill to maintain confidentiality.
Knowledge of a broad range of academic and institutional issues related to a major research university environment.
Exceptional organizational, analytical and critical thinking skills.
Proven ability to work effectively with deans and directors, coaches, academic and University leaders and volunteers to achieve fundraising goals. Ability to work effectively with other advancement staff in devising, analyzing, modifying, implementing, and evaluating development programs.
Experience fundraising for a Division 1 athletics program.
In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview