IT Marketing & Communications Manager
IT Marketing & Communications Manager
Requisition Number: STFR003762
Division/College: Information Technology Services
Location: Boston Main Campus
Full-time/Part-time: Full Time
The Division of Information Technology Services is currently seeking a talented individual to fill the role of IT Marketing & Communications Manager. This position will have responsibility for IT strategic communications and outreach, operational communications, marketing, knowledge management, documentation, and training.
Working with all levels of staff and management, this position will develop, implement and manage dynamic communications/campaigns that support the objectives of key stakeholders. The ideal candidate is passionate about delivering compelling communications that educate, inspire, and help connect the Northeastern community to technology. The best candidates will have experience with writing for campaigns as well as internal organizational communications, and be able to modulate their style and communication voice based on the different communication needs of a diverse community of stakeholders and topics.
Key areas of focus include driving an integrated marketing, communications and outreach strategy that includes proactive and reactive communications, events and relationship management; working with executive leadership to develop compelling material for presentation; developing knowledge management, documentation and training capabilities and toolsets to create an integrated knowledge management strategy.
The right person for this role will be an excellent, creative writer with the ability to tell compelling stories. The person will also be organized and demonstrate an ability to work with all levels of the organization.
To ensure that essential services are provided to key Northeastern executives, the employee will be required to work outside his/her regular working hours and on some university holidays.
The candidate must also have the following:
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills. Experience preparing and delivering executive-level communications is a must, as is the ability to story-tell for a variety of audiences.
- Ability to write a wide range of communications for the university community, including but not limited to strategy documents, internal presentations, videos/webcasts, newsletters, blog posts, day-to-day announcements, topic/issue-based documents like FAQs or Instructions, and other job guides/training materials.
- Ability to write marketing/PR style materials, creating stories and graphics that help readers connect to the content.
- Familiarity with a broad range of information technology concepts—including concepts associated with enterprise-level information technology infrastructure.
- Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Professional presence and comfort and confidence working with all levels in an organization is required.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple, complex, sometimes sensitive projects with tight deadlines.
- Proficiency with MS Office products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and content management systems, blogs and social media concepts (WordPress and Twitter experience preferred).
- Proficiency in basic graphic design tools (Adobe Creative Suite, for example).
- Proficiency with analytical tools such as Google Analytics is a plus.
- Applicants will be asked to submit work examples demonstrating capabilities.
A criminal background check is required for this position.
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: Careers@Northeastern
Northeastern University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Educational Institution and Employer, Title IX University. Northeastern University particularly welcomes applications from minorities, women and persons with disabilities. Northeastern University is an E-Verify Employer.