Assistant Professor in School Psychology
The Department of Psychology seeks applicants for a nine-month, tenure-track position at the Assistant Professor level in School Psychology. Area of specialization is open. This individual will work within the Department's APA-accredited Ph.D. and NASP-approved Specialist (S.S.P.) School Psychology programs. The department has over 500 undergraduate majors, 130 graduate students, and 30 full-time faculty members. School Psychology faculty members are expected to supervise dissertations and theses in their area of specialization, provide practicum supervision, and teach courses at all levels for both graduate and undergraduate students.
The position begins August 16, 2017. Salary is competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Illinois State University, a Carnegie doctoral-research university, is located in the Bloomington-Normal metropolitan area, a community of 132,000 residents two hours from Chicago and St. Louis, offering varied cultural opportunities, good schools, and an affordable standard of living.
1. Ph.D. (or ABD with Ph.D. imminent) in School Psychology
2. Openness to teaching at all levels based on department needs
3. A record indicating the foundation of a strong program of research
4. Candidates must be able to demonstrate oral proficiency in the English language as a requirement for this position, as mandated by state law.
To assure full consideration, please visit jobs.illinoisstate.edu, posting number 0709471, and complete an online faculty application and attach the following materials by June 13, 2017:
1. Cover letter
2. Curriculum vita
3. Statement of research interests
4. Representative re/preprints
5. Evidence of teaching skills
Additionally, please submit at least three letters of recommendation electronically to Dr. Adena Meyers at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information, please visit www.psychology.illinoisstate.edu/school