Associate Vice President- Office of Corporate Partnerships and Strategic Initiatives
Location Clemson University
Full/Part Time Full-Time
Clemson University is seeking to fill a position with responsibility to lead and coordinate corporate partnerships and strategic initiatives for the University. The Associate Vice President for Corporate Partnerships and Strategic Initiatives will report to the Vice President of External Affairs and will work closely with the Clemson University Coordinating Council for Strategic Initiatives, Innovation Campus leaders, College Deans, and other university leaders to grow Clemson's corporate engagement strategies in support of the Clemson Forward Strategy. The central purpose of the position is to increase the level of corporate engagement and provide overall coordination of large strategic initiatives in support of Clemson's education and research mission.
Context and Job Description:
Clemson University along with its industry and governmental partners have invested significant resources over the past 10 years to develop multiple Innovations Campuses and assets throughout the state of South Carolina with the objective of bringing new education opportunities to growing communities, support key growth industries within the state, nationally and globally; and expand the research base of the university through engagement with industry in public/private collaboration. Clemson University established the Office of Corporate Partnerships and Strategic Initiatives (OCPSI) with the mission to strategically grow Clemson's corporate and government engagement activities in support of the Clemson Forward Strategic Plan ( https://www.clemson.edu/forward/ ). This position will lead a team of professionals that will work closely with university faculty, researchers, and administration to strategically grow the university's corporate engagement enterprise in existing markets, identify new market opportunities, and develop new initiatives to engage these markets all in line with the Clemson Forward Strategy. Success will be realized from maximizing the potential of the resources at the Main Campus and Innovation Campuses, increasing corporate engagement, developing and securing large strategic research initiatives, and successfully leveraging these new opportunities to support the educational and research missions of the university.
The Associate Vice President position within the Office of External Affairs is proposed to:
- Work with the Vice President of External Affairs and CU Coordinating Council to develop, manage and execute business development strategies to grow targeted programmatic areas that are in alignment with the Clemson Forward Strategy.
- Work with the VP of External Affairs to provide oversight and direction to the Clemson University International Center for Automotive Research Partnership Office and any future Partnership Offices associated with the University's Innovation Campuses
- Maintain and grow existing industry collaborations.
- Develop strategic partnerships with new industry partners.
- Identify and develop new markets and opportunities in alignment with the Clemson Forward Strategy.
- Increase Clemson's competitive advantage to secure large multi-disciplinary government grants.
- Provide leadership for strategic initiatives. These strategies should be proactive with identifiable targets, deadlines, objectives and measurements for success.
- Develop and maintain strategic working relationships with regional economic development organizations throughout the state of South Carolina, nationally, and internationally.
- Provide management, guidance, and performance metrics to a diverse group of business development professionals, technical professionals, support staff, as well as third party consultants as needed to execute the strategic initiatives assigned.
- Develop and implement an assessment plan that measures success of the OCPSI activities.
The qualified individual will have proven success in developing and growing new business and/or research opportunities as well as working with government agencies and private industry to develop and deliver new strategic initiatives. They will possess outstanding leadership, marketing, communication, business acumen and team building skills with a track record of bringing together diverse stakeholders to develop new opportunities and programs. The ability and experience to identify new markets opportunities and develop winning strategies to secure these opportunities is required for success in this position. A minimum of a Master's Degree is preferred in either a technical and/or business field from an accredited institution and at least 10 years applicable experience is required. General experience in growing university level enterprises is preferred.
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume and reference contact information via Interfolio by clicking the link below!
Applications received by June 15, 2017, will be assured full consideration. However, the position shall remain open until filled.
Clemson University is an AA/EEO employer and does not discriminate against any person or group on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, pregnancy, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status or genetic information. Clemson University is building a culturally diverse faculty and staff committed to working in a multicultural environment and encourages applications from minorities and women.