Tax and Accounting Manager for CPA Firm
The Tax Manager works directly with Thomas Wirig Doll Principal(s) and other staff to assist in the delivery of outstanding accounting and tax service to our clients.
To be considered for the position please complete our survey, follow the link; http://www.cindexinc.com/c/177D95
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Monitors and manages assigned client accounts to ensure required work is performed on schedule with the Bookkeeping staff, Administrative assistants and other staff.
- Reviews GL and prepares month/quarter end journal entries for fixed asset depreciation, accruals, amortization, etc. Update tax software for assets.
- Prepare signature-ready, accurate and timely financial statements for clients
- Prepare income tax returns for C & S-Corporations, partnerships, individuals, trusts, gift
- Research and answer client's accounting and tax questions.
- Other projects including Monte Carlo, tax projections as requested by Partner
- Design and maintain special client-facing reports as needed (such as profit allocations) using software such as Excel, including income allocations, amortization schedules, etc.
- Works with Pension Administrators requesting pension calculations, ensuring retirement plan deferrals and payments are made and properly recorded
- Participates in preparing data for survey participation related to fee & benefits, overhead
- Takes full initiative to research unusual or advanced tax issues and accounting questions when they arise
- Research and resolve tax notices
- Coaches clients and their staff as necessary on proper accounting procedures and internal controls
- Consistently remains alert to client satisfaction, address client needs, with timely follow-up and communicate appropriate information to engagement partners and personnel.
- Expert communication skills, including listening.
- Demonstrates excellent judgment and common sense
- Ability to see the big picture while maintaining accuracy and attention to detail
- Proficient at prioritization, teamwork, agility and flexibility
- Willingness to understand and properly communicate difficult issues to clients
- Commitment to developing technical and industry knowledge through personal reading, research, coursework, etc.
- Display comprehensive technical tax and accounting knowledge relating to the current business state and federal tax codes
- Ability to correctly apply appropriate technical skills to a wide range of situations
- Proactive and assertive personality
- Must have an excellent phone skills
- Influence others for the good of the organization
- Compliance with company and regulatory requirements
- Understanding and applying the company Vision and Values
Education and/or Work Experience
- BS/BA degree in Accounting
- 3- 5 years of successful CPA firm experience preferred
- CA CPA License
- Heavy business tax experience (corp, partnership, individual, trust)
Thomas Wirig Doll provides comprehensive financial planning, tax preparation and accounting services for physicians and dentists in Northern California, creating independence, freedom and peace of mind for our clients.
With our unique understanding of the financial needs of medical professionals, we provide personalized support every step of the way with investment and wealth management, tax planning, practice accounting, retirement plan design and administration, and practice transition consulting.
Each partner of our firm is a certified public accountant (CPA) and experienced Financial Advisor.
Walnut Creek, CA
Mon, 29 May 2017 12:32:23 PDT