Assistant Guest Services Manager
Responsible for the management of all aspects of the Front Office functions, in accordance with resort standards. Directs, implements and maintains a service and management philosophy which serves as a guide to respective team members. The Front Office Manager is also responsible for controlling access to, conducting physical inspections of and monitoring surveillance cameras located at the facilities, which constitute the Penguin & President Hotels. Investigation of breeches in security and/or violations of safety protocols to determine most probable cause and possible solution(s). To ensure the safety and security of guests and employees and the protection of Penguin & President property and assets.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies/service procedures/standards.
- Maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of equipment. Use equipment only as intended.
- Anticipate guests' needs, respond promptly and acknowledge all guests, however busy and whatever time of day.
- Maintain positive guest relations at all times.
- Resolve guest complaints, ensuring guest satisfaction.
- Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation and organization of assigned work areas.
- Maintain complete knowledge at all times of:
all resort features/services, hours of operation.
all room types, numbers, layout, decor, appointments and location.
all room rates, special packages and promotions.
daily house count and expected arrivals/departures.
room availability status for any given day.
scheduled in-house group activities, locations and times.
all resort and departmental policies and procedures.
Access all functions of the computer system.
Supervises activities of all Security Office, Employee Entrance and Patrol Officer operations as outlined in the Standards of Performance Manual for Security Officers
- Performs Department training related activities
- Thoroughly understands all Hotel Emergency Response Procedures and assists in the coordination of all emergency response activities
- Oversees access control activities at all facility employee entrances, ensures that only authorized individuals enter
- Ensures maintenance of visitor sign-in/out logs and issuance of temporary passes to visitors/vendors
- Oversees inspection of all packages entering and exiting through facility employee entrances, denies access to or removal of unauthorized materials
- Oversees verification that all materials leaving facilities are accompanies by a completed, signed package removal pass, confiscates and turns over to management, all materials not properly authorized
- Maintains signature lists of Management personnel authorized to sign package removal passes
- Supervises/Patrols front of house, back of house and exterior hotel areas, reporting any safety or security hazards, unacceptable behavior, or suspicious persons to General Manager or Owner for direction and resolution
- Supervises/Monitors CCTV cameras, radio communications, and Fire Control Computers
- Documents all security related issues and assistance provided in appropriate Security reports
- Oversees lost and found activities in accordance with hotel policies
- Enforces hotel rules/regulations in accordance with Employee Manual and hotel policy
- Monitors and ensures compliance to hotel key control policies by all employees
- Investigates breeches in security and guest and employee accidents
- Questions witness' to incidents, examines incident scenes, gathers evidence/ data to assist in determination of cause and identification of areas where corrective actions are indicated
- Performs lock interrogation operations whenever necessary as part of departmental incident investigation
- Assists in periodic locker/wardrobe bag inspections
- Assists GM/ Owner in performance of periodic safety and security inspections
- Works closely with GM/ Owner to identify areas of potential loss/liability
- Assists GM/ Owner in development of loss prevention procedures/policies
- May assist in obtaining materials from Storeroom areas during non-operating hours.
- Ensures that all after hour storeroom entries are documented, and that the reason for entry is indicated and that proper requisitions are obtained for all items removed
- Assists other hotel employees in applying Bloodborne Pathogen Exposure Control policies
- Answer department telephone within 3 rings, using correct greeting and telephone etiquette.
- Establish par levels for supplies and equipment. Complete requisitions to replenish shortages or additional items needed for the anticipated business.
- Ensure that current information on rates, packages and promotions is available at the Front Desk and that all staff are knowledgeable on such.
- Review the daily business levels, anticipate critical situations and plan effective solutions to best expedite these situations.
- Prepare and adjust weekly work schedules in accordance with staffing guidelines and labor forecasts.
- Ensure that staff report to work as scheduled. Document any late or absent employees.
- Coordinate breaks for staff.
- Assign work duties to staff.
- Conduct pre-shift meeting with staff and review all information pertinent to the day's business.
- Inspect grooming and attire of staff; rectify any deficiencies.
- Inspect, plan and ensure that all materials and equipment are in complete readiness for service; rectify deficiencies with respective personnel.
- Constantly monitor staff performance in all phases of service and job functions; rectify any deficiencies with respective personnel.
- Monitor the resort front entrance and resolve any congested situations.
- Monitor the check-in/check-out process; anticipate critical situations and assist wherever necessary to help alleviate the pressure and to process the guest expediently.
- Monitor communication logs and ensure that guest requests are followed up within 15 minutes.
- Monitor safe deposit box procedures; audit accuracy of cards with proper signatures and ensure availability of keys.
- Monitor guest mail and ensure that it is processed according to procedures.
- Monitor and ensure that express check-outs are processed through the system.
- Monitor the staffs' interaction with guests, ensuring prompt and courteous service; resolve discrepancies with respective personnel.
- Assist staff with their job functions to ensure optimum service to guests.
- Observe guest reactions and confer frequently with staff to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Assist guests with reports of lost/stolen articles, following resort policy.
- Adhere to resort requirements for guest/employee accidents or injuries and in emergency situations.
- Contact newly registered guests 15 minutes after check-in to establish guest satisfaction; resolve any dissatisfaction immediately. Document each call according to procedures.
- Ensure security of guest room access.
- Monitor and ensure that all cashiering procedures comply with Accounting policies and standards:
Petty cash/paid outs
Making change for guests
Cashing personal/travelers checks
- Review previous night's no-shows, verify and ensure billing of such.
- Assist Accounting in researching all disputed charges and contact guests where required to explain disputes regarding Front Desk procedures.
- Assist staff with expediting problem payments.
- Anticipate sold-out situations and know how many rooms are overbooked. Handle overbooked or "walked" guests.
- Audit surrounding area resorts daily for status of rooms, rates, discount rates and packages. Maintain current list of available locations for walk situations.
- Anticipate low occupancy periods and coordinate blocking of rooms with Director of Housekeeping to maximize labor costs, deep cleaning and maintenance of rooms.
- Review the arrival report for accuracy and completeness. Check printed registration cards against information on arrival report; rectify any deficiencies with respective personnel.
- Ensure that all VIPs are pre-registered according to standards. Monitor VIP arrivals; greet and escort them to their room.
- Work closely with Housekeeping management to ensure accurate status of each room, readiness of rooms for check-in and to report guest concerns.
- Print special requests report and block according to specifications.
- Balance room types daily.
- Print credit check report and review status of each account. Follow up on accounts beyond approved credit limits.
- Review resumes for arriving groups; organize and coordinate master accounts and check-in/ pre-registration procedures.
- Print and review masters for departed groups; check accuracy and distribute to Accounting.
- Review flag reports and follow up accordingly.
- Review requests for late check-outs and approve according to occupancy. Communicate this information to Housekeeping.
- Review limousine request forms and chart information on booking calendar. Ensure that all pick-ups have room reservations and that all departures are still in-house; reconfirm departure times with in-house guests.
- Review all out-of-order rooms daily with respective departments to determine most current status and estimated date for return to room inventory.
- Print report on discrepant rooms, research discrepancies and enter current status accordingly.
- Complete bucket check nightly.
- Ensure that designated resort entrances are locked at specified times.
- Maintain awareness of undesirable persons on resort premises and escort off property. Contact management where necessary.
- Ensure all closing duties for staff are completed before staff sign out.
- Conduct a once a week formal training program on the required job functions with criterion expected and department orientation with new hires. Conduct ongoing training with existing staff.
- Provide feedback to staff on their performance. Handle disciplinary problems and counsel employees.
- Foster and promote a cooperative working climate, maximizing productivity and employee morale.
- Prepare and submit daily/weekly payroll records.
- Complete work orders for maintenance repairs and submit to Engineering. Contact Engineering directly for urgent repairs.
- Document pertinent information in department logs.
- Complete all paperwork and closing duties.
- Review status of assignments and any follow-up action with on-coming Supervisor.
Privately owed Boutique Hotel, conveniently located on the heart of South Beach, Miami.
We count with 127 rooms in a very fast pace environment.
Hotel has expanded with 20 new rooms on the last year.
+3 years of Hospitality Management or similar experience.
Flexible schedule includes Weekends and Holidays.
Fluency in a second language, preferably Spanish.
Miami Beach, FL
Mon, 29 May 2017 08:59:22 PDT