Prime Communications, a Pittsburgh based provider of converged communication technologies is seeking a VoIP Systems Engineer with implementation and support experience related to converged VoIP technologies. The Systems Engineer will support clients by providing design, installation, and support of voice and data equipment related to Unified Communications infrastructure and applications.
This position requires effective customer service and field support to clients by performing technical service related to the maintenance, installation, upgrade and changes to unified communication topologies and associated applications.
- Qualify and document all aspects of a client's network in preparation of implementing communication systems and associated applications
- Installation and support of network, unified communication infrastructure and associated applications
- Troubleshoot and resolve customer network or applications issues
- Trains and consults with clients regarding system use and maintenance
- Project coordination
General knowledge of network or communications infrastructure and applications as obtained through education or relevant experience is required. General qualifications include:
- Minimum 2 years filed experience performing technical support
- Cisco, HP Networking, Mitel, Avaya, ShoreTel, Microsoft, VMware or other applicable technical certifications a plus
- Experience supporting IP Telephony and Unified Communications is strongly preferred
- Excellent customer relationship skills
Other requirements of the position include:
- Valid driver's license and good driving record
- Ability to work beyond normal hours, including evenings, weekends and holidays as needed
- Some travel to off-site at client locations
The Systems Engineer position compensation is consummate with experience. The Systems Engineer is provided with cell phone allowance and mileage reimbursement. Prime Communications provides a generous benefit package includes health benefits, retirement savings, and paid vacation.
Prime Communications is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Mon, 29 May 2017 08:10:36 PDT