Assistant Manager Retail Grocery
The Assistant Store Manager assists the Store Manager in planning, directing, and controlling the operation of the store and supervision of employees to control production, inventory, merchandising, losses, gross profit, and net profit and hours of work in all departments.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assists in supervising the ordering of product to fill the store.
• Supports sales plans and maximize sales.
• Complies with state and federal regulations and (if applicable) collective bargaining agreement.
• Hires, trains, fires, promotes, demotes, and takes disciplinary actions for all employees.
• Develops and enforces company policies, procedures, rules, and regulations.
• Read and interpret financial statements, including profit and loss, and set objectives to overcome deficiencies.
• Operate all equipment in the store, including telephones, intercoms, registers, and computers.
• Write work schedules and reports.
• Conduct meetings to communicate business results and direction to provide verbal and written direction to employees.
• Deal effectively with vendors, suppliers, competitors, employees, and (where necessary) employee representatives.
• Open/Close store, maintain store key.
• Fill in for most departments in store when needed
• Be on 24 hour call.
• Other duties as assigned.
We operate 18 Save-A-Lot stores in North East Ohio and Pennsylvania. We also have a State Liquor Agency called The Beverage House on Gypsy Lane in Youngstown and an Ace Hardware in Ashtabula, OH.
Mon, 29 May 2017 06:25:23 PDT