- One of Australia's leading research & teaching universities
- Vibrant campus life with a strong sense of community & inclusion
- Enjoy a career that makes a difference by collaborating & learning from the best
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work.
UNSW is already at the cutting edge of academia with a strong and growing international reputation. A global leader in discovery, innovation, impact, education and thought leadership, can make an enormous differences to the lives of people in Australia and around the world. The announcement of our largest-ever academic recruitment initiative is a key step in augmenting our existing world-leading research capabilities.
About the role
- Appointment level will be negotiable at either academic levels A, B C or D prior to appointment
The UNSW Scientia Fellowship Program is one of the cornerstones of UNSW's 2025 Strategy. The project's aim is to attract and retain the best and brightest people, with outstanding research track records, to UNSW. A primary goal of the scheme is to enhance UNSW research performance by attracting and retaining exceptional researchers at the highest level of performance.
About the successful applicant
To be successful in this role you will:
- be a researcher performing at the highest level of the equivalent academic level in the relevant discipline (relative to opportunity) – Levels A-D
- undertake significant, innovative research which is aligned with the research areas identified for the 2018 round
- be aligned with the strategic goals of UNSW's 2025 Strategy
You should systematically address the selection criteria listed in the application form, including:
- A statement on alignment with one of the nominated research areas
- A statement on alignment with UNSW's 2025 Strategy priorities
- A statement demonstrating how you meet the research excellence criteria
- A research proposal
*Please note – a separate attachment addressing selection criteria is not required.
Please apply online - applications will not be accepted if sent directly to the contact listed.
For general information about the scheme, including guidelines and FAQs please visit
For any general enquiries about the scheme not covered by the guidelines and FAQs please contact:
Diversity & Inclusion at UNSW
UNSW's 2025 Strategy states that our aspiration is to be recognised as an international exemplar in equity, diversity and inclusion and an employer of choice for people from diverse backgrounds. Our aim is to achieve this by embracing the diversity and cultural richness of our communities; ensuring that our staff and students can achieve their full potential in a supportive and inclusive work environment. Our diversity commitment aligns to our strong sense of social responsibility and our belief that a diverse workforce enhances our ability to deliver world class research, teaching excellence and thought leadership.