Professional Research Assistant
University of Colorado - School of Medicine
Professional Research Assistant
Full-time position in the research lab of Susan Boackle, MD, Associate Professor of Medicine, Division of Rheumatology at the University of Colorado on the Anschutz Medical Campus. This laboratory studies the etiology and pathogenesis of systemic lupus erythematosus using mouse and human systems.
- Performing biochemical, immunology, and molecular biology techniques
- Maintaining cell lines in tissue culture
- Maintaining mouse strains in animal facility and screening offspring for appropriate genotypes
- Performing in vivo and in vitro experiments, keeping accurate records of results and calculating final data
- Producing and purifying protein from tissue culture cells
- Phlebotomy and processing of human blood samples
- Coordination of human studies
- General laboratory upkeep
- Occasional evening/weekend work.
- Minimum of a bachelor's degree and research lab experience in biochemistry, molecular biology, RNA biology, or immunology.
- Must have a strong work ethic and problem-solving skills
- Ability to quickly learn techniques
- Ability to interact well with others
- Capable of working independently and as part of a group
- Strong organizational skills.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary is commensurate with skills and experience. The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at Employee Services.
The University of Colorado Denver is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado strongly supports the principle of diversity. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:
Applications are accepted electronically at CU Careers, refer to requisition ID: 9007
When applying, applicants must include:
- A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications
- A current Resume/CV
- The names, addresses, daytime telephone numbers and e-mail addresses for three professional references, either attached to your resume/CV or uploaded as a separate document
Please do not submit any of your application material (via email) to the job posting contact.
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 20229 - SOM-MED-Rheumatology
Posting Date: Jul 20, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Carissa Figal
Posting Contact Email: email@example.com
Position Number: 00732432