Sanitation and Safety Steward
Posting Number: 0001563
Job Title: Sanitation and Safety Steward
Department: Dining Services
Position Status: Full-Time
Position Type: Regular
Months per Year: 12 Months
Work Hours: Saturday 6:00pm - 2:30 am
Sunday 3:30pm - 12:00am
Monday 3:30pm - 12:00am
Thursday 3:30pm - 12:00am
Friday 6:00pm - 2:30 am
Hours and days subject to change due to operational needs
Start Date (For temporary positions only):
End Date (For temporary positions only):
Position band/level: Union
Tenure Track Status:
Job Summary: Cleans and fills Dining Services equipment, maintains facility cleanliness, and performs other duties described below.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned within classification.
1. Set up and operation of entire dish room, including all ware-washing equipment and processes including but not limited to dish machine, pot washers, scraping stations, accumulator, and all other associated equipment. Notify supervisor of malfunctioning equipment
2. Fill milk urns, ice bins, water coolers and change soda/beverage tanks when needed
3. Responsible for sweeping, scrubbing, vacuuming, and mopping floors throughout the facility when needed or as assigned Daily cleaning of all equipment and areas as assigned
4. Clean exhaust hoods, including filters, when necessary or assigned
5. Assist with infirmary cart
6. Assist with proper receiving and storage of all food and non-food items
7. Assist with delivery, setup, and staffing of catered events as assigned
8. If assigned to the Spa, also responsible for stocking beer and wine
9. Filter grease daily as assigned
10. Assist in bleaching dishes and burnishing silver, washing walls, ceilings and baseboards
11. Interact with customers in a courteous and friendly manner
12. Perform custodial-type work if assigned within the dining halls and Spa
13. Ability to set up, clean, and operate all necessary equipment
14. Extra duties in cleaning and food preparation may be assigned by a supervisor
15. Ability to speak and listen effectively with supervisors, customers, and employees of the College
16. Maintain a demonstrated interest in learning new ideas
17. Ability to speak and listen effectively and respectfully with supervisors, customers, and employees of the College
18. Maintain an appropriate image and dress
19. Establish and maintain a high level of customer service
Minimum Qualifications: QUALIFICATIONS
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High School diploma or general education degree (GED).
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and procedure manuals.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written or oral form. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations. Ability to utilize or learn basic computer functions.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS
Attend Serv-Safe/HACCP course within one year of employment from classification date.
Physical Demands: PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities, or those who are not physically able, to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk, sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach/lift with hands and arms; push/pull; climb or balance; stoop, crouch; talk, hear, taste and smell. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 80 pounds with appropriate equipment and assistance.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Required Applicant Documents: List of Three References
Optional Applicant Documents: Resume
Special Instructions to Applicants: To be considered for this position, please fill out an online application and attach the following required document: list of three references to include name, title, company, email address and telephone number and if you like you can attach the following optional documents, cover letter and resume. Apply online before the end of the day on 02/20/2017.
This system can support attachments up to 1.9MB. If you encounter difficulty attaching any one of the required documents, please contact Clarissa Sawyer, Employment Coordinator in Human Resources at: email@example.com or 518 580.5802
Pay Range: $14.36 per hour per the contract which is 90% of the prevailing wage for someone new or the rate will be the full $15.96 if current regular union member eligible for 100% rate
Posting Date: 03-31-2017
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Quicklink for posting: careers.skidmore.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=57798
Skidmore College is committed to being an inclusive campus community and, as an Equal Opportunity Employer, does not discriminate in its hiring or employment practices on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, national or ethnic origin, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, predisposition or carrier status, domestic violence victim status, familial status, dating violence, or stalking, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Employment at Skidmore College is contingent upon an acceptable background check result
CREATIVE THOUGHT MATTERS.