SCN Nurse Educator/UKHC
The Stroke Care Network (SCN) nurse educator will serve as a front-line liaison, providing communications between the SCN leadership and affiliate hospitals, and supporting strong, collaborative relationships. This position is responsible for the following: developing, providing and evaluating educational services and initiatives; providing leadership to support education, assessment, and clinical innovation development for the SCN; developing and presenting education and promotion programs; providing communications between UK Healthcare and the hospitals within assigned areas; generating action plans for improvement. In addition, this position will establish strong, collaborative relationships with staff and leaders; ensure programs are reflective of evidence-based best practices.
SCN Nurse Educator/UKHC
SCN Nurse Educator/UKHC
Type of Position
Position Time Status
Click here for more information about equivalencies:
Required Related Experience
Required License/ Registration/Certification
The physical requirements of this position include: handling of light-weight objects up to 10 pounds, as well as stand, walk and sit for long periods of time.
Monday-Friday 8 AM to 5 PM; with some evenings and weekends per business needs.
Extensive knowledge of the evidence based care of the stroke population across the care continuum to include:
• Principles of diversity and cultural appropriateness
• Underlying causes and management of stroke
• Understanding of socioeconomic and behavioral determinants of health disparities as they relate to stroke
• Ability to plan, organize, implement and evaluate educational programs for maximum reach and impact.
• Ability to collaborate with a diverse set of partners as well as lead and participate in groups.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills; experience in public speaking preferred.
• Ability to work independently and adapt to change.
• Experience in health related education and use of various computer software packages preferred.
Does this position have supervisory responsibilities?
Register Nurse and experience within a dedicated stroke unit.
Deadline to Apply
University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How many years of experience do you have working in stroke-specific care?
- More than 1 year, up through 2 years
- More than 2 years, up through 3 years
- More than 3 years, up through 5 years
- More than 5 years
- * This position requires up to 50% of travel in Kentucky and surrounding states. Are you willing and able to meet this requirement?
- * Please describe in detail your experience with public speaking and/or teaching.
(Open Ended Question)
- * UK HealthCare recognizes the patient as our premier customer and promises to provide excellent customer services to patients, colleagues, co-workers and all others who seek our services. By applying for a position with UK HealthCare, I am indicating my commitment to service excellence and expressing my agreement to consistently recognize that: - Our customer is every person we come into contact with during our workday. - Service is being flexible, courteous and respectful while anticipating and fulfilling the needs of our customers. - Quality is the foundation of everything we do. It is our desire to provide exceptional service to every patient and customer we serve. - Careful, efficient and responsible management of our resources is vital to our success. - We want to attract, develop and retain highly skilled and competent co-workers, which will in turn achieve customer loyalty and promote the growth of UK HealthCare. By submitting my application for employment with UK HealthCare, I acknowledge that I will be held accountable to follow the UK HealthCare Behavioral Expectations if selected for a position with UK HealthCare. Do you agree to abide by the UK HealthCare Standards?
- * Where did you first see this position advertised other than on UK's Online Employment System?
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- A Colleague, Friend and/or Family Member
- None of the Above
- Cover Letter