Recruitment Coordinator (1RSE17)
VACANCY (POSITION) NUMBER: 1RSE17
RESPONSIBLE TO: Dir. Recruitment & Student Experience
STATE CLASS: Student Svc Prog Coord I
LOCATION: Aiken Technical College, Aiken, SC
STATE SALARY RANGE: $26,988 - $38,460
WORK SCHEDULE: Full-time, Monday – Friday
JOB DATE: June 2017
OPENING DATE: May 29, 2017
Reporting to the Director of Recruitment and Student Experience, the Recruitment Coordinator plans, implements and facilitates the College’s student recruitment efforts and assists in the creation of a high-quality student experience. The Recruitment Coordinator operates in coordination with ATC’s marketing and enrollment functions to achieve the College’s enrollment goals.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Serves as the primary point of contact for middle and high school recruitment efforts to promote the College and all academic programs and initiatives, by developing and maintaining relationships with representatives from area public and private schools, home school associations, and community organizations.
- Connects with prospective students to provide information on programs, the enrollment process, financial aid and scholarships, and related topics to assist them through the application process.
- Actively participates in the planning and execution of Recruitment and Student Experience events and activities, including but not limited to, hosting campus tours, co-leading annual counselor events, and participating in collaborative high school outreach.
- Assists in the continuous development and implementation of recruitment processes that track student prospects from inquiry through application.
- Assists in the development and implementation of strategic and tactical plans related to recruitment, outreach, and the student experience, serves on College and community committees, and fulfills other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS: Bachelor's degree required. Two (2) years of experience in recruitment, marketing, or sales preferred. Work experience in higher education is preferred. Local and overnight travel may be required for professional meetings and events. Employee must be willing and able to regularly work flexible hours (including evenings and weekends) to meet the needs of this position and to obtain training at college's expense (which may include some overnight travel).
APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS: Please apply online at www.jobs.sc.gov. Unofficial college transcripts are required for all degrees earned and may be attached to the online application, faxed (803-593-8203), emailed (email@example.com), or mailed (P.O. Drawer 696, Aiken, SC 29802). All application materials must be submitted by the closing date. The application must be completed including all current and previous work history and education. A resume may be attached, but not substituted for completing work history and education sections of the application. In lieu of higher education degree, please include high school history. International transcripts must be evaluated through World Education Services. Scheduling of interviews will begin on June 6, 2017 and position will remain open until filled.
Aiken Technical College is an equal opportunity employer committed to having diversity throughout the College. Any requests for reasonable accommodation to apply for this position should be directed to Human Resources by calling 803-508-7497 or writing to the above address. Requests for accommodations must be made by the above-stated deadline.