Clinical Sites Manager - Medical Education
The Clinical Sites Manager will provide administrative oversight of the clinical education courses in the CUNY School of Medicine. Reporting to the Assistant Dean for Clinical Curriculum, this position assumes a leadership role in establishing and maintaining partnerships between the Department of Medical Education and clinical facilities for the purpose of ensuring quality placements for all students in the BS/MD program. The School is particularly interested in applicants who have experience working with students from diverse backgrounds and a demonstrated commitment to improving access to medical education for under-represented groups.
Major responsibilities for the position:
- Collaborate with course faculty to determine program-specific criteria for clinical facilities and assess potential clinical sites that would meet the program's educational requirements.
- Collaborate with program leadership and clinical sites to develop, implement and maintain longitudinal clinical placements, including the execution of relevant affiliation agreements with new sites, and tracking of existing agreements.
- Participate in the development of schedules for clinical courses and sites in collaboration with course directors, the Assistant Dean for Clinical Curricula and the program registrar; interact with clinical sites to plan for and schedule student placements and rotations.
- Collaborate with the program faculty to develop program clinical policies.
- Monitor affiliate faculty appointment and onboarding processes in collaboration with relevant review committees and the school's office of administration.
- Serve as a principal liaison between the School of Medicine and clinical sites; serve as a resource and support person for affiliate faculty, clerkship directors and preceptors.
- Coordinate orientation documents and sessions for affiliate faculty and students; clarify program and clinical site/preceptor expectations.
- Problem-solve challenges that arise at placement sites, and address student performance issues related to placement in collaboration with relevant faculty and clinical personnel.
- Participate in determining student clinical remediation plans in conjunction with course faculty.
- Conduct site visits to clinical sites to ensure that faculty and students are meeting course and facility expectations; attend meetings at clinical partner sites as required.
- In collaboration with the School's primary clinical partner, ensure student health and background information is current and arrives at relevant clinical agencies in a timely fashion.
- Collaborate with faculty and departmental staff in accreditation compliance activities.
- Baccalaureate degree and minimum of 6 years relevant experience in a higher education or health care environment
- Excellent organizational, time management, negotiation and problem-solving skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, set priorities, and work effectively under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Attention to detail
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Ability to work effectively in a team setting, as well as independently with a minimum of supervision
- Professional demeanor; ability to understand boundaries (with external agencies, institutions)
- Ability to work effectively in a diverse multi-cultural environment with students, faculty and staff
- Masters degree
- Experience serving as a primary liaison between two or more institutions or organizations
- Experience with regulatory and/or accreditation policies
CUNY TITLE OVERVIEW
Manages curriculum development and operations of a College's specialized academic program under the direction of a senior administrator.
- Implements and monitors a comprehensive academic program development plan; makes recommendations to improve department policies and procedures
- Assists Director with outcome assessment and strategic planning to further develop program offerings
- Prepares analytical and statistical reports for management
- Serves as resource expert regarding program policies and procedures
- May manage professional and/or clerical staff
- May act on behalf of Director in his/her absence
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Job Title Name: Academic Program Manager
Higher Education Associate
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Salary commensurate with education and experience.
CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
HOW TO APPLY
Visit www.cuny.edu, access the employment page, log in or create a new user account, and search for this vacancy using the Job ID (16662) or Title. Select "Apply Now" and provide the requested information.
Candidates must attach a resume, cover letter, and three professional references (name, title, organization, and contact information).
Open until filled, with initial review of applications to begin June 20, 2017.
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.
Location: CUNY School of Medicine
Job Title: Clinical Sites Manager - Medical Education
Job ID: 16662
Full/Part Time: Full-Time