Network Infrastructure, Implementation Specialist
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
Up to 75% travel as assigned. Travel is nationwide with weekends at home
Resource will perform installation of client IT systems and equipment; providing on-site end-user training on their operation, maintenance and limited troubleshooting as required.
Support and maintain IT systems and applications at all assigned locations. This includes but is not limited to PC hardware, laptops, touch screen technology, VPN and ISP WAN devices, switches, Ethernet cabling, wireless systems, printers/copiers, Microsoft Office suite.
Carry out safe/responsible work habits to avoid communicable diseases and infections, damage to property and to ensure maximum system up time and functionality.
Utilize various test programs and equipment to analyze system problems.
Compile and document inventory of pertinent IT equipment and systems at all assigned facilities.
Resource will document site survey activities by completing forms, reports and images.
Submit site survey preventative maintenance reports, images and incident resolution/discovery documentation to project coordinator.
Exhibit professional appearance and conduct in accordance with Company standards while working with end-users and the general public.
Interface with end-users, other service technicians, technical support personnel, and other technical professionals and have the communication skills to convey the situation in a tactful, professional, diplomatic and logical manner.
Communicate effectively with adverse, difficult and potentially discouraged clinic management and/or clinic staff.
Resource must be a confident, energetic, resourceful professional that is a self-starter with excellent communication skills and have the ability to successfully perform job functions with minimum supervision.
Resource must demonstrate excellent judgment in customer relations, managing personal time and company resources.
* 2-6 years of remote computer and network helpdesk support.
* 1-2 years of on-site (hands-on) IT field support experience.
* Demonstrated ability to install, troubleshoot and repair computer, network and wireless systems. Other Industry certifications such as A+, CWSP, Cisco, MCSE, etc. are desirable.
* Ability and basic knowledge of operating hand and power tools.
* Reliable, state registered, state inspected and properly insured transportation is a necessity.
* Must have (pass) a clean criminal background.
* Must be able to pass a drug test.
* Must have current valid driver's license and clean driving record.
* A familiarity with hospital and/or patient care environments and willingness to work around and near medical personnel and patients.
* Ability to focus in multiple, high-energy, dynamic environments, under pressure.
* Strong interpersonal skills.
* Ability to listen and explain solutions to non-technical users.
* Proven aptitude to organize work in an efficient manner and succeed in a changing environment
* Desire to continually learn and grow.
* Ability to lift up to 75lbs.
* Able to endure long periods of standing, bending, and stooping.
Integrated Health Systems is the fastest growing technology solutions and support provider in the Senior Living market. We offer:
Start-to-finish IT solutions so that Senior Living staff can focus on providing healthcare vs. managing IT issues.
A formula for success that uses advanced, industry-specific technology solutions.
Technology designed to manage technology.
Flexible, immediate response support solutions to keep users productive and operational.
Integrated Health Systems removes the complexity of technology by providing our clients with proven technology solutions, including cloud-based solutions, affordable EMR technology solutions, and immediate IT support solutions.
Our goal....meet the IT needs of our clients with lower cost solutions, higher performance products, and unmatched service and support.
Senior Living IT Solutions. Simplified.
Overland Park, KS
Sun, 28 May 2017 13:50:31 PDT