Cosmetologist - District Manager
Position: District Manager - Cosmetology
Reports To: Senior District/Regional Manager
Summary of Key Responsibilities:
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
Leadership - Assist Senior DM/RM in implementing set goals for the work group, developing organizational capability, and modeling how we work together:
- Assists management teams with recruiting talent for the area to select high quality talent for salons.
- Conducts salon visits on a rotating basis and coaches and trains in each visit.
- Coach, develop and manage the performance of direct reports.
- Manages through unusual events to maintain the area's operating standards at all times.
- Manages with integrity, honesty and knowledge that promote the culture, values and mission of PS Lifestyle.
- Sets clear expectations, delegates and communicates key responsibilities and practices to employees to ensure smooth flow of operations.
- Assist management in driving sales and the implementation of PS Lifestyle programs by motivating and supporting their employees by adhering to the action plans that meet operational objectives.
- Recognizes and reinforces salon accomplishments by using existing organizational tools and programs as well as by finding new, creative and effective methods of recognition.
- Utilizes and demonstrates effective management principles and practices creating an environment where employees are valued and respected.
Planning and Execution - Assists management in executing operational plans for the work group and manages and measures results.
- Assists management by following-up consistently with employees to ensure accountability to plans.
- Accesses resources to support salon operations and to execute initiatives.
- Assists management in monitoring and managing area-wide salon staffing levels. Ensures effective Beauty Professionals development, in order to achieve and maintain area operational requirements.
- Utilizes existing tools to identify and prioritize communication and filters communication concisely and accurately in a positive manner.
- Assists management in reviewing salon environments to identify problems, concerns and opportunities for improvement in order to provide consultation and coaching to their employees and take action to achieve operational excellence.
Business Requirements - Assists management in providing functional expertise and executing functional responsibilities:
- Assists management in analyzing salon level business trends and results through salon evaluations, indicator reports, productivity reports, and sales reports.
- Leads by example and follows Sales Process, fully executing each step to ensure each customer experiences meets and exceeds their needs.
- Observes, coaches and provides feedback to management in order to assist with developing relationships with community partners to improve customer experience and sales results.
District Manager - Job Description - Page 2
- Walks through new salon opening with management in advance of opening. Has plan of follow up mid salon openings to ensure checklist has been successfully managed. Sets standards for cleanliness and consistency.
- Communicates all potential concerns regarding level of supplies and communicates promptly to appropriate business partner.
- Actively supports the selling process, and helps the employee's problem solve the process through coaching and role play.
- Proactively identifies problems, embraces problems as challenges to solve and coaches employees to do the same.
- Responsible to follow up and follow through on all IT and Facilities matters.
Employee Development & Team Building - Assists management in providing employees with coaching, feedback, developmental opportunities and building effective teams:
- Develops and maintains positive relationships with employees by understanding and addressing needs and concerns. Challenges and motivates employees to achieve business results.
- Ensures employees adhere to legal and operational compliance requirements. Regularly checks in to ensure Beauty Professionals have been trained to adhere to legal and operational compliance requirements.
- Assists management with the timely performance review process for all salon employees.
- Assists management in recognizing and reinforcing individual and team accomplishments by using existing organizational methods including all channels.
- Utilizes and demonstrates effective management principles and practices to create and maintain a successful team of employees, resulting in an environment where employees are valued and respected.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to manage the overall operations of multiple salons independently.
- Knowledge of retail industry operations.
- Strong communication skills-written and verbal.
- Organization and planning skills in a customer service and sales focused environment.
- Strong operational skills in a customer-service environment.
- Supervisory skills and team building skills.
• Experience in a care giving environment is a plus.
Summary of Experience/Requirements:
- Active state Cosmetology Manager's License a must
• Required to do basic manicures and pedicures a must
- Reliable transportation and ability to travel weekly a must
- Computer knowledge a must
- Progressively responsible retail experience (2 years)
- Managing teams through leadership and coaching (2 years)
- Multi Retail-salon management experience in multiple states (2 years)
- Experience selling (commission based sales or small box specialty preferred)
• On a regular basis, requires the ability to walk;
• On a regular basis, requires the ability to reach with hands and arms;
• On a regular basis, requires the ability to stand for a minimum of 6 hours;
• On a regular basis, requires the ability to lift and/or move 50 lbs.;
• On a frequent basis, requires the ability to stoop, kneel and crouch.
Direct Reports 5 or more based on assigned district.
This part-time position offers a commission based W-2 wage.
District Manager may be required to work behind the chair 2-3 days per week at the discretion of management.
PS Lifestyle is a national leader in providing exceptional amenity service and lifestyle solution experiences to seniors, families and caregivers. What this means, our core business is providing nursing home type of facilities with beauty salon services. Yes, we hire hair stylists to work in independent, assisted living, or memory care facilities.
San Antonio, TX
Sun, 28 May 2017 08:29:44 PDT