Art Center-Museum Specialist (Outreach Program Specialist) : Godwin-Ternbach Museum
Reporting to the Assistant Vice President of External & Governmental affairs, the Specialist for the Administration and Youth and Family Outreach program at the Godwin-Ternbach Museum will uphold and maintain the museum's mission Strategic Plan, and Collections Management Policy while actively working towards Accreditation with the American Alliance of Museums. The specialist primary focus will be on the educational programs offered through the Godwin-Ternbach Museum such as educational exhibitions, lectures, films etc. Along with the CUNY Title Overview the successful candidate will perform the following duties:
- Along with the AVP, evaluates, recommends and assists in the implementation of K-12 and Adult Education programs
- Works to attract and retain interest of the broad public in the museum's educational programs through promoting, recruitment and planning
- Coordinate fundraising, memberships drives, corporate and private foundations in an effort to increase public participation
- Responsible for photographing and maintaining images for objects and archives including collection, exhibition installations and collection image requests, rights and reproductions
- Maintain image and video recordings of museum objects and programs
- Work with the office of Communication on the design of publicity materials including but not limited to: catalogs, fliers, digital displays, eblasts and announcements, posters and other printed and digital material
- Oversee and facilitate social media outreach initiatives
- Work alongside the Art Museum Specialist on the planning and maintenance of exhibitions, staff supervision, and facilities management, and assistance on grant proposal preparation
Bachelor's degree and four years' related experience required.
Master's degree in a related discipline, and some experience working in museum/art gallery administration conducting fundraising activities, exhibition planning, and museum cataloging. prior experience working in an institution of higher education; working with after-school programs and executing educational initiatives. Candidate must be able to engage in outreach activities on and off-campus, and locate prospective partnerships with academic departments, faculty, and students.
CUNY TITLE OVERVIEW
Administers the operations of a museum, gallery, or art facility.
- Manages preservation, documentation, and management of a collection (e.g., acquisition, records management, cataloging, storage, security, maintenance and repair)
- Prepares in-house and/or traveling exhibits, including all necessary documentation, installation, and exhibition materials
- Responds to requests for information and/or loan, and all educational materials, researching the collection as needed
- Administers gallery activities, such as maintaining computerized records on equipment, materials, and other inventory; updating web pages, etc.
- Participates in organizing events, promotional efforts, and exhibition marketing
- Supervises daily gallery operations and maintenance of the collection
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Higher Education Assistant
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Salary commensurate with education and experience.
CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are viewing this job posting on any website other than CUNYfirst, please follow the instructions below:
- Go to www.cuny.edu and click on "Employment"
- Click "Search job listings"
- Click on "More options to search for CUNY jobs"
- Search by Job Opening ID number (16828)
- Click on the "Apply Now" button and follow the instructions
Please note that the candidates must upload a cover letter describing related qualifications and experience, resume, and the name and contact information of three (3) professional references as ONE DOCUMENT in any of the following formats: .doc, .docx, .pdf, .rtf, or text format.
**Please use a simple name for the document that you uploaded, for example: JDoeResume. Documents with long names cannot be parsed by the application system.
July 25, 2017
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.
Location: Queens College
Job Title: Art Center-Museum Specialist (Outreach Program Specialist) : Godwin-Ternbach Museum
Job ID: 16828
Full/Part Time: Full-Time