EOC Academic Affairs Director
The State University of New York, Brooklyn Educational Opportunity Center, provides tuition free academic and workforce development training to eligible New York State residents, providing a pathway to lifelong learning, college access and economic self-sufficiency.
The EOC Director of Academic Affairs serves as the chief academic affairs officer of the Brooklyn EOC and reports to the Executive Director. He/she is responsible for the overall development and delivery of high quality instructional programs and learning support services. The Director will also develop and implement policies and procedures to improve the delivery and assessment of those programs and services.
In addition to the CUNY Title Overview, the duties of the position include but are not limited to the following:
- Develop new workforce development programs and recommend program changes or discontinuation
- Direct planning, evaluation, and assessment of academic programs and curricula. Ensure that they remain current, appropriate and viable
- Develop programs to increase student retention, completion, and competencies
- Develop partnerships with other organizations, and articulation agreements with colleges
- Manage instructional and learning support staff. Ensure the delivery of a quality educational and training experience for students
- Direct and encourage increased use of technology by faculty, staff, and students to enhance communication and academic achievement
- Oversee staff development, training and retraining
- Collaborate with other departments on student registration, internships, and college and job placement
- Oversee and coordinate the academic calendar. Create class schedules to meet student need and demand
- Assist in developing and managing the EOC budget
- Serve as a member of the senior leadership team of BEOC, both internally as well as at outside forums
Flexible schedule is required
Bachelor's degree and eight years' related experience required.
A Master's or doctoral degree in educational administration, higher education, adult education, instructional technology or related field is preferred. Demonstrated commitment to student retention and success. Strong interpersonal, organizational and communication skills. Experience in urban setting and educational opportunity programs, working with students with academic deficits and life challenges. Successful implementation of instructional programs and evidence of successful collaborations. Customer service orientation is essential, being able to work effectively with faculty, staff, students and external constituents. Proficiency in MS Office required.
CUNY TITLE OVERVIEW
Reporting to the Executive Director, serves as the Chief Academic Officer for an Educational Opportunity Center (EOC).
- Establishes overall academic policy, and conducts planning and budgeting consistent with the EOC's mission
- Develops, administers, and evaluates all instructional programs and curricula based on an understanding of current academic and vocational research developments
- Hires, supervises, and evaluates all faculty and departmental support staff; actively develops opportunities for academic staff development and growth
- Maintains appropriate instructional records and accounts consistent with policy
- Develops, maintains, and coordinates faculty schedules and the academic calendar
- Serves as a member of the senior leadership team of the EOC, both internally and in outside forums
- Performs related duties as assigned.
EOC Higher Education Officer
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Commensurate with experience and qualifications.
CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
HOW TO APPLY
Visit www.cuny.edu, access the employment page, log in or create a new user account, and search for this vacancy using the Job ID or Title. Select "Apply Now" and provide the requested information.
Candidates should provide a CV/resume and statement of scholarly interests.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Review of resumes may begin on June 9, 2017.
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.
Location: NYC College of Technology
Job Title: EOC Academic Affairs Director
Job ID: 16869
Full/Part Time: Full-Time