Academic Program Coordinator - Early College Initiative
The Academic Program Coordinator/Early College liaison serves as an intermediary between Hostos Community College and the Hostos-Lincoln Academy of Sciences. Working together with college and school personnel, the Coordinator will maintain and develop collaborations that serve to better prepare Hostos-Lincoln high school students for college and careers while fostering mutual learning among the faculty, staff, and students at the partnering institutions. S/he is instrumental in facilitating student progress and success by ensuring that appropriate support mechanisms are in place.
Reporting directly to the Director of School-College-Partnerships, the successful candidate will perform the following duties in addition to those in the CUNY Title Overview:
- Serves as liaison between Hostos-Lincoln Academy of Sciences in all areas of communication and logistics.
- Monitors student progress in pre-college and college classes, including the ongoing communication with students and school leaders.
- Coordinates student academic support services for students in college courses, including tutoring.
- Convenes regular school planning meetings with college and school staff that focuses primarily on the ongoing development of the scope and sequence of the school, the development of the early college partnership activities and curriculum development.
- Supervises the development or related college courses, admissions and enrollment; communicates with professors and high school instructors to monitor progress.
Bachelor's Degree required.
The following qualifications are preferred:
- Availability to work evening and weekend hours
- Bilingual skills in English and Spanish
CUNY TITLE OVERVIEW
Provides basic operational and analytical support related to a College's specialized academic program.
- Supports the directors and managers with orientation preparation, student advisement regarding program requirements, and providing basic information about financial aid and registration
- Manages office records including faculty files; prepares reports and surveys; collects and maintains statistical data on program activities
- Serves as liaison to various College offices to provide service delivery and appropriate referrals to students
- Collects and reviews syllabi to ensure compliance with standards
- Serves as resource person for students and faculty regarding program policies and procedures
- May supervise office operations and/or monitor department budget
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Job Title Name: Academic Program Coordinator
Assistant to HEO
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
$42,407 - $55,837; commensurate with education and experience.
CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants must apply online by accessing the CUNY website at www.cuny.edu and navigating to the following links: "Employment" and "Search Job Postings."
Please submit your resume, cover letter and three professional references.
June 25, 2017
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.
Location: Hostos Community College
Job Title: Academic Program Coordinator - Early College Initiative
Job ID: 16302
Full/Part Time: Full-Time