Do you want to leverage your creativity, knowledge of consumer products and business acumen to help build the future of one of the largest consumer robots company in the world? You will have a hand in developing the next generation of products that will live in millions of homes all across the world. As a pioneer in the robot industry, our goal is to drive innovation, serve as an industry catalyst and change the world by empowering people to do more
We are looking to add a talented Product Manager to join our consumer product team focused on Roomba and Braava robots. You will use your understanding of the business landscape to maximize customer satisfaction and ROI on Roomba's existing product line. You will gather customer insights, resolve quality issues, oversee market research, and monitor competitive activity. You will help create new product variants, including product requirements, business plans, product launch plans and product phase-in / phase out activities. You're a team player who works effectively with Sales, Engineering, Manufacturing, QA, and Product Marketing to develop new product variants or enhance existing products or product lines to further the goals of the Commercial business.
Essential Functions/ Job Duties:
- Develop product requirements for Roomba and Braava product variants, accessories and provide guidance to engineering (including industrial design and user experience), product marketing, manufacturing, QA, and others in all phases of the product life-cycle.
- Collaborate with and influence cross-functional business partners including Sales, Manufacturing, Customer Service, Product Marketing, and Channel Marketing to ensure alignment through all aspects of the launch and life-cycle process.
- Plan, track and manage product readiness schedule to ensure timely launches
- Coordinate go-to-market activities globally, making sure all supporting assets and functions including customer service, regional marketing, are ready for launch
- As a strong advocate for the customer work with continuing engineering, quality and manufacturing to understand, prioritize and resolve product quality issues.
- As a Roomba product expert provide Roomba product line information and customer insights to meet a variety of internal needs, including product positioning, messaging, sales collateral, product presentations, press releases, customer service, and internal training.
- Analyze and assess competitive product offerings and synthesize primary/secondary market research as well as customer feedback into future product requirements.
- 5 years of total experience in technology and/or consumer products industry
- 2 years Product Management experience with a consumer product/service
- Self-motivated and able to drive projects to completion with minimal supervision.
- Solid understanding of consumers, consumer electronics, and technology.
- Strong quantitative and problem solving skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including presentation/facilitation skills
- 5% (or less) domestic and international travel required.
- Masters in Business Administration
- Project Management experience
- Exposure to retail sales
- Demonstrable analytical skills and proficiency in evaluating qualitative/quantitative data
We are the leading global consumer robot company, designing and building robots that empower people to do more, both inside and outside of the home. Founded by MIT roboticists who had the vision of making practical robots a reality. To date, we have sold over 15 million robots and employ more than 500 of the robot industry's best and brightest. iRobot is committed to fostering invention, discovery and technological exploration in the pursuit of practical and valuable robot products for the home. iRobot stock trades on the NASDAQ stock market under the ticker symbol IRBT.
Our corporate headquarters are located in Bedford, Massachusetts, accessible by our corporate shuttle directly from Alewife Station. The company also has offices in California, the United Kingdom, Japan, China & Hong Kong. Imagine the future you could help us build as a fellow iRoboteer! Check out #LifeAtiRobot and follow us on Instagram: @irobotcareers
iRobot is an "Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority / Female / Veteran / Disabled"
iRobot designs and builds robots that make a difference.
iRobot was founded in 1990 by Massachusetts Institute of Technology roboticists with the vision of making practical robots a reality.
In 2015, iRobot generated $617 million in revenue and employed more than 500 of the robot industry's top professionals, including mechanical, electrical and software engineers and related support staff. iRobot stock trades on the NASDAQ stock market under the ticker symbol IRBT.
iRobot's corporate headquarters are located in Bedford, Mass. The company also has offices in California, the United Kingdom, China and Hong Kong.
Sun, 28 May 2017 08:13:32 PDT