Junior Linux Administrator
We are looking for sharp and talented Linux Systems Administrators with 1-3 years server support experience.
These positions are responsible for hands-on delivery of Linux (and some Windows!) HPC infrastructure implementation and administration. The work is done both remotely and at customer sites.
Professionalism and consulting behaviors are essential, as is integrity, hard work, ethics, teamwork and quality/process aptitude.
If you are looking for an environment where there are constant opportunities for learning and improving - both technically and professionally, and you have the ability and motivation to grow in both those areas, this role could be ideal for you.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Linux and Networking certifications.
- Experience in implementing, and supporting Linux server solutions.
- Excellent server and network troubleshooting skills demonstrated in a large Linux environment.
- Solid understanding of and experience with DNS, NIS, NFS, X-Window, Remote Access.
- Solid understanding of routers and networking protocols and designs (TCP/IP, DHCP, SMTP, SNMP etc.).
- Shell, Perl Scripting background. Other languages programming experience a plus.
- Storage systems: RAID, SAN, NAS a plus.
- Experience with Windows Active Directory a plus.
- HPC Implementation experience a plus.
- Strong team working and building skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Some travel required.
- No relocation. Local candidates only.
X-ISS has been providing unparalleled service to its clients since 1993. Focused on High Performance Computing (HPC) since 1999, we provide vendor-neutral Linux/Windows HPC remote cluster management and implementation services both direct to end users and through partners such as Dell, Microsoft and the VAR channel.
Sun, 28 May 2017 13:03:17 PDT