Fiscal Technician 3
Working Title Athletics Business Manager
Inspire Awesome with Eastern Washington University. Athletics is currently seeking an Athletics Business Manager/Fiscal Technician 3. This position will assist the Associate Athletic Director for Business and Finance in preparing and administering of the annual athletic department budget to include daily processing and tracking of athletic department transactions, daily reconciliation and depositing of department revenue, monthly reconciliation of all athletic department accounts, preparation of all travel advances and requests, and identify areas of concern where overspending may take place.
On top of salary, the University offers a comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, life and disability insurance and retirement. In addition, EWU offers generous vacation and sick leave accruals, 10 paid holidays per year and fringe benefits, such as tuition waiver for employees, discounted EWU sports tickets and free transportation through STA buses.
EWU expands opportunities for personal transformation through excellence in learning. It's a great day to be an Eagle!
About Eastern Washington University
Eastern is a regional, comprehensive university located in Cheney, 20 minutes from downtown Spokane. In addition to Eastern's Cheney campus, we also offer our Riverpoint campus in Spokane, plus additional teaching/learning centers located in other cities throughout Washington State. Enrollment has reached over 12,000 students. The Cheney-Spokane area is the heart of the Inland Northwest, with excellent restaurants, theater, shopping, skiing, hiking, lakes, a choice of living in a medium-sized city or a small town, and high quality schools and housing.
Eastern Washington University is committed to increasing the diversity of its faculty, staff, students, and academic program offerings and to strengthening sensitivity to diversity throughout the institution. Eastern Washington University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, and applications from members of historically underrepresented groups are especially encouraged.
Conditions of Employment
This position, during the course of university employment will be involved in the receipt or, or accountability for, university funds or other items of value. Successful applicant will be required to pass a background check for continued employment.
If you would like to obtain a copy of the Essential Functions Analysis form, which describes the physical and mental demands of the position, please contact Vara Lyn Conrath, firstname.lastname@example.org.Required Qualifications:
- High school diploma, or GED certificate and fifteen quarter hours or ten semester hours of college-level accounting and/or bookkeeping
- two years of full-time experience as a Fiscal Technician, including experience using accounting-related software;
- an Associate of Arts Degree, or equivalent, in accounting or business may substitute for one year of required experience.
- Associate Arts Degree or equivalent in accounting or business must be completed before anticipated start date of 7/1/17.
- Experience using accounting-related software
- Candidate must demonstrate interest, ability and/or experience promoting cultural competency and/or diversity.
- Valid Driver's License.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or related field.
- Previous work experience in the field of intercollegiate athletics.
- Experience working in Banner.
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.