Sr. RF Engineer
Job Title: RF Engineer
Reports to: Engineering Director
Location: Rockville, MD
Employee status: Full Time
Start Date: Immediately
Benefits: Full package
The RF Engineer is a member of the Engineering Team, responsible for product design, development, and support. Responsibilities include for designing new products from concept to full production for GPS, Satellite Communication, 4G LTE, and advanced phase array systems. The role provides thought leadership in product RF circuit design and product improvements.
Qualified applicants must be creative, self-motivated, detail-oriented, organized, result-driven, and customer-centric individuals, who possess good interpersonal and leadership skills. The position is based in Rockville, MD and requires travel. Candidate must be able to travel internationally.
• Designing new products from concept to full production for GPS, Satellite Communication, 4G LTE and advanced phased array systems
• Define RF architecture for new products and select/qualify parts
• Construct Hardware prototype and testing
• Collaborate with layout and PCB engineers
• Support manufacturing team and troubleshooting
• Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including sales and other technical teams
• Liaise between the customer and internal teams
• Setup/run/define automated testing for quality control, acceptance and production testing
Requirements & Experience Guidelines:
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
• B.S. in Electrical Engineering, MSEE or PhD preferred
• 1-5 years of experience
• Ability to travel internationally
• Demonstrated experience in RF circuit design and testing
• Demonstrated experience in RF Systems design, including architecture definition, stability analysis, noise and power budget analysis, non-linear response analysis, parts selection and qualification
• Demonstrated experience in PA input/output matching and optimization of ACP, P1dB, and spurs
• Demonstrated experience in board level optimization of RF circuits
• Demonstrated experience with matching networks, corporate feeds, filters (primarily SAW/ceramic) and duplexers
• Demonstrated experience with GPS/GNSS receivers, Satellite transceivers and cellular transceivers is a plus
• Demonstrated experience with bench measurement equipment including signal generator, spectrum analyzer, and vector network analyzer
• Demonstrated experience with wireless communication principles and different modulations used by modern satellite and cellular communication systems
• Demonstrated experience in RF simulation and familiarity with industry standard tools such as ADS and Matlab
• Demonstrated experience with various aspects of PCB design including schematic capture, layout and fabrication processes
• Demonstrated experience with compliance and testing standards such as FCC, ETSI and MIL standards
• Demonstrated experience in effectively synthetizing and presenting results in technical proposal, design documentation and customer presentations
• Strong fabrication, and prototyping abilities including soldering and assembly
• Demonstrated experience in working with teams
• Exceptionally detailed oriented
• Excellent oral and written communication skills including concise presentation skills
Maxtena is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States.
Maxtena, Inc. is looking for creative, result-driven people, who want to redesign the future of wireless technologies.
By innovating the cutting-edge antennas, our teams are enabling a new generation of wireless technologies to have better precision, design, and performance. Working at Maxtena, you will be in an open, multi-disciplinary environment of continuous learning and intellectual growth. Your involvement in unique projects demands creative solution engineering and exposure to different industries. Together we create a better connected world and save lives.
We look forward to your new ideas and our mutual growth.
Apply now and tell your friends, we are always looking for talent. In fact, be a part of the future today - at Maxtena!
Sat, 27 May 2017 12:49:23 PDT