General Manager - Convenience Store/Gas Station
Job Description : Store manager and key company representative to our customers in a goods and services oriented business
Job Purpose: The General Manager is responsible for driving top line sales and bottom line profit; achieving all company objectives and leading and inspiring a high performance team. The General Manager will manage resources efficiently to drive business and maximize productivity, meeting all standards of execution for customer service, signage and pricing, and merchandising. The General Manager is also responsible for maintaining a high level of engagement and a people development culture, since the success of the business is tied to the quality and performance of the team. Promote and abide by the high standards of GEI, and maintain regulatory and company compliance while upholding the highest standards of safety.
- Lead, develop and enhance the customer experience in our stores by fostering and maintaining a friendly positive attitude in all employees and drive store sales with hands on style leadership. Treat each customer as a guest in our stores.
- Uphold the highest standards in store cleanliness and serviceability, execute in store site layouts, displays and in store stocking as well as plan-o-grams and retail processes to create an environment for an outstanding customer experience.
- Demonstrate leadership, foster teamwork, show initiative and excitement for all store promotions and merchandising standards to facilitate sales growth in your store. Set the example for your store team.
- Consistently adhere to walk the store compliance standards.
- Enhance and maintain good positive communication with customers, district managers, your team of employees and vendors to enhance the performance and profitability of your store's team and to continue to grow our customer base.
- Identify and resolve site issues and problems in a timely and positive manner. Efficiently and accurately processes sales transactions using the POS register system and adheres to checkout standards
- Manages inventory shortage strategy, results, and concerns, and communicates policies and procedures to store population.
- Maintains a low Open Position rate by pro-actively recruiting and hiring quality associates with strong customer service and operational skills
- Develops and retains direct reports, ensuring their readiness for increased responsibilities and providing a bench of internal talent who are upwardly mobile to fill critical positions.
- Responsible for maintaining fair and accurate practices within the store including equitable hiring, scheduling, promotions and performance management.
- Manages poor performance and terminations appropriately, in partnership with the Human Resource Manager, district manager and/or operations manager.
- Perform any other duties that are assigned by management.
Proven leadership and performance with experience in a retail environment. Have a passion for customer service while utilizing exceptional people skills and have a desire to excel in everything you do
- Previous experience in leading teams and C-Store experience preferred.
- Basic knowledge of financial management and computer literacy in computer programs such as Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel. Ability to multi-task, run a cash register, process transactions, and run store equipment.
- Maintain a disciplined approach to managing, training and developing your store team in daily work duties and responsibilities. Uphold company standards in personal appearance, work ethic, store cleanliness and customer service.
- Ability to lift and carry 25 lbs.
- Ability to lift items, bend and work on your feet for during your work shifts
- Have a can- do and team building attitude in everything you do while working at a GEI store.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. He or she will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties requested by his or her supervisor. Our company reserves the right to modify job duties or job descriptions at any time.
Graham Enterprise, Inc. is a name associated with petroleum since 1922. Headquartered in Mundelein, IL, we are a leading, independent, gasoline, convenience store and car wash retailer. The company operates 37 gas station/convenience store sites throughout Chicagoland area under the brands of Shell, Citgo, Marathon, Exxon Mobil, BP & Maverick.
Graham Enterprise takes a great deal of pride in the quality of the products and services it provides to its customers and the important role that it plays in the communities it serves. Quality products, highest cleanliness appearance standards, and superior, consistent customer service has helped us build a loyal customer base and we continue to attract new customers.
Graham Enterprise is committed to provide associates with pleasant working conditions, salary based on performance of job requirements, fringe benefits, and opportunities for advancement. Our policy is to be fair with all coworkers. It is our belief that satisfied employees make satisfied customers
Sat, 27 May 2017 06:27:48 PDT