Mathematics-Part-Time Faculty (collegewide)
The Montgomery College Mathematics Department is currently accepting applications for possible openings as a part-time faculty member teaching mathematics. We are seeking an enthusiastic and dedicated teacher who exhibits a high degree of professionalism, a strong commitment to our students, and demonstrates the ability to motivate and educate in an engaging manner.
***Montgomery College accepts applications for Adjunct/Part-time Faculty on a continuous basis. Applications may be reviewed periodically based on the student enrollment needs.***
- The listing of a course in the schedule of classes as "TBA" does not constitute an assignment.
- The hiring decision for part-time faculty involves an academic judgment and shall be determined at Management's sole discretion.
- During the academic year part-time faculty at Montgomery College may teach no more than 11.5 ESH (equivalent semester hours) per semester and no more than 23 ESH per academic year.
- During summer, part-time faculty at Montgomery College may teach no more than 10 ESH (equivalent semester hour) for both sessions combined.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The faculty member will be responsible for preparing for and teaching mathematics courses. Offerings range from Pre-algebra through Linear Algebra, including Elementary Statistics. Classes are offered during the daytime Mondays through Saturdays and Mondays through Thursday evenings.
- Master's degree or higher in math or a related subject
- Evidence of teaching or experience in the field
- Eligible applicants must currently be authorized to work in the United States and not require employer visa sponsorship.
- Teaching and/or tutoring experience in mathematics
- Create the Montgomery College online employment profile/application.
- After you complete your profile, please be sure you have applied to this position.
- The application process includes 10 steps.
- Step 10 is a Summary of your information. You can update and edit information up to the closing date for the receipt of applications for a specific job announcement.
- Include dates of employment in your application or attachment;
- Complete a set of pre-screening questions (Step 4);
- E-sign your application (Step 9)
As a condition of employment, the following are required at the time of hire:
- Completion of a background check.
- Submission of an official transcript of an earned degree
- Submission of three letters of professional reference
Montgomery College is a tobacco-free workplace.
For disability related accommodations please call 240-567-5353 or send an email to: email@example.com at least two weeks in advance.
Montgomery College is an academic institution committed to promoting equal opportunity and fostering diversity among its student body, faculty, and staff.