Nursing (Medical Surgical) Part-time Faculty
This is an opportunity to empower students to change their lives and enrich our community.
Montgomery College has endless possibilities!
The Montgomery College, Nursing Program, is currently accepting applications for possible openings for a part-time faculty member to teach Nursing (medical surgical). We are seeking an enthusiastic and dedicated teacher who exhibits a high degree of professionalism, a strong commitment to our students, and demonstrates the ability to motivate and educate in an engaging manner.
***Montgomery College accepts applications for Adjunct/Part-time Faculty on a continuous basis. Applications may be reviewed periodically based on the student enrollment needs. ***
• The listing of a course in the schedule of classes as "TBA" does not constitute an assignment.
• The hiring decision for part-time faculty involves an academic judgment and shall be determined at Management's sole discretion.
• During the academic year part-time faculty at Montgomery College may teach no more than 11.5 ESH (equivalent semester hour) per semester and no more than 23 ESH per academic year.
• During summer part-time faculty at Montgomery College may teach no more than 10 ESH (equivalent semester hour) for both sessions combined.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Clinical instruction is in medical-surgical or obstetrical nursing based on the needs of the students.
• Clinical rotations are two 6 hour days or one 12 hour day. Hours may be days or evenings and possibly Saturdays.
• The Montgomery College nursing program uses a variety of clinical agencies in Montgomery County, MD and Washington, DC.
• Must be eligible to work in the United States without a sponsor.
• A current, unencumbered Maryland and/or DC Registered Nurse license or the ability to obtain
• Bachelor of science in nursing degree
• A minimum of two years of clinical experience as a registered nurse.
• Bedside nursing experience in a medical-surgical setting within the last two years
Additional Requirements at the time of employment:
Requires documentation of immunizations and/or immunity for Measles, Mumps, & Rubella (MMR); Varicella; Tetanus, Diphtheria & Acellular Pertussis (Tdap); and Hepatitis B; annual clearance for tuberculosis; seasonal influenza immunization. Other health requirements may be needed by specific health care agencies for clinical experiences. Documentation required of current healthcare provider level of CPR-BLS. Criminal background clearance and drug/alcohol testing may be required for clinical experiences.
• Master's degree in nursing
• The application process includes 10 steps.
• Step 10 is a Summary of your information. You can update and edit information up to the closing date for the receipt of applications for a specific job announcement.
• Include dates of employment in your application or attachment.
• Complete a set of pre-screening questions.
• E-sign your application.
As a condition of employment, the following are required at the time of hire:
• Completion of a background check.
• Submission of an official transcript of relevant degree
• Submission of three letters of professional reference
Montgomery College is a tobacco-free workplace.
For disability related accommodations please call 240-567-5353 or send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org at least two weeks in advance.
Montgomery College is an academic institution committed to promoting equal opportunity and fostering diversity among its student body, faculty, and staff.