Senior .NET / Sitefinity CMS Developer
PlanetMagpie's award-winning Web Development division seeks a Senior .NET / Sitefinity CMS Developer to design and develop high-quality dynamic CMS websites and internal/external web applications. This is an onsite position, working at PlanetMagpie's offices in Fremont (and occasionally onsite at customer locations). This is an excellent opportunity for a motivated developer looking for cutting-edge projects where he/she can be part of the entire development cycle, while working with a great team.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Design and code superior technical solutions
- Create well designed, reusable objects
- Create efficient and logical databases for clients
- Create and execute project work plans, revising as necessary to meet changing needs and requirements
- Communicate and enforce best practice coding standards
- Consistently deliver high-quality services to clients on schedule
- Communicate complex information effectively to team and clients
- Ability to scale the solution to the client's goals and budget
Technical Skills & Qualifications
7+ years' work experience as a professional developer, using the following languages and tools:
- .NET based language (C#, VB.Net)
- SQL Server 2008/2012 and SQL Reporting Services
- Experience using Visual Studio or related IDE
- Experience with a variety of .NET based Content Management Systems; experience with Telerik's Sitefinity CMS a plus
- Team Foundation Server, a plus
- Windows-based server administration for client and internal websites
- Knowledge of security standards and techniques for web applications
- Understand browser-specific compatibility issues
- Expertise in the design, implementation, and deployment of user-centric software, with focus on usability
- Experience creating 3rd party authentication for external partner portals
Personal Attributes & Qualifications
- Creativity and strong attention to detail
- Ability to work effectively on tight deadlines, as necessary
- Excellent command of English language
- Advanced oral and written communication skills; strong proofreading and QA skills
- Exceptional customer service skills, including the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of customers
- Positive, productive team player
- Desire to learn new skills and improve
- Bachelors or Associate degree in IT discipline. 7+ years in .NET development desired. Equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Microsoft or Sitefinity development certifications, a plus.
- $90,000-110,000 annually (DOE), discretionary bonuses
Work at PlanetMagpie!
We don't just hire IT specialists. We look for people who are hard wired to do things the right way. Who like to play around with their home network or test beta software in their free time. Who are motivated by sports quotes from Vince Lombardi!
Being part of the PlanetMagpie team means you are always working with the latest technologies, in new environments, keeping your skills up to date, and achieving certifications that will prove your expertise. In return, you will get the respect and support you deserve as a valuable member of our team.
PlanetMagpie provides a full range of technical services including IT consulting, IT support, web/application development, and cloud services for small, mid-market and enterprise businesses across the United States. With offices in the San Francisco Bay Area and an office opening soon in Dallas/Fort Worth, our dedicated staff works with customers of all sizes to deploy and support enterprise-grade IT solutions that improve collaboration, efficiency and security. PlanetMagpie is a Microsoft Gold Partner and has certifications in over 10 Microsoft solutions.
We are not a body shop. Our developers and engineers grow professionally and personally in a fast-paced, challenging environment. Like drinking from a hose, there's an endless amount of technical information to absorb, process and use. If you love learning and working with the latest technologies, this is the place.
As a team member, you'll have the latest office collaboration tools to work with, including Skype for Business and SharePoint. These solutions help us work efficiently and seamlessly with each other, whether we are at the office, at a client site, or on the road.
The company is named after our co-founder Magpie, a black Labrador Retriever. A reflection of Magpie's own personality, PlanetMagpie is a place where loyalty, collegiality, hard work, and thinking outside the box are all highly valued. If you are customer-centric and growth-focused, you will excel here.
PlanetMagpie owns its headquarters at the Fremont Tech Center in Fremont's Innovation District. Employees (and their dogs) enjoy a modern, light and airy workspace with ample parking right off of Highway 880 (at Warren Avenue). Coming in on BART? The new Warm Springs BART extension to Fremont will open in 2016. From there, you are less than 3 miles from the office.
PlanetMagpie offers its employees a highly competitive salary/benefits package, and the opportunity to learn and grow with us. Benefits include 401K, medical/dental/vision insurance, long- and short-term disability insurance, discretionary bonuses, and paid technical certifications and training.
Sat, 27 May 2017 12:28:15 PDT