Sr. Mechanical Engineer (plastics)
Job Title: Sr. Mechanical Engineer
Reports to: Engineering Director
Location: Rockville, MD
Employee status: Full Time
Start Date: Immediately
Benefits: Full package
The Sr. Mechanical Engineer is a member of the Engineering Team, responsible for product design, development, and support. Responsibilities include creative product design, development, prototyping, analysis, simulation, tooling recommendations, product improvements, manufacturability improvements, new technology assessment, cost analysis. The role provides thought leadership in product design engineering, product improvements, and strategic sourcing.
Qualified applicants must be creative, independent, self-motivated, detail-oriented, organized, result-driven, and customer-centric individuals, who possess good interpersonal and leadership skills. The position is based in Rockville, MD and requires travel. Candidate must be able to travel internationally.
• Lead product design efforts to meet product launch schedule requirements
• Create preliminary design and drawings with specifications necessary to support the development of new and modifications of existing products
• Collaborate with the cross-functional Engineering Team on new product development and improvements
• Collaborate with the Manufacturing Team on design realization and manufacturability improvements
• Support engineering designs through simulation, performance and stress analysis, tolerance
• Evaluate new technologies and assess suppliers
• Facilitate tooling and prototyping of key parts
• Develop verification plans and perform testing to verify the new technology or mechanical concept
• Interface with vendors to resolve issues
• Estimate cost and quality of mechanical solutions
• Support strategic sourcing on assessment and development of supplier strategy
Requirements & Experience Guidelines:
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or U.S. Legal Permanent Resident
• B.S. in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent experience, MSME Preferred
• 5+ years of Mechanical Concept Design experience in portable consumer devices or mobile devices
• Demonstrated experience in mechanical design tools (3D CAD, simulation tools, etc.) and processes such as injection molding, metal forming\stamping\milling, design for Manufacturability (DFM) and Design for Assembly (DFA)
• Demonstrated experience in mechanical design of PCBAs and electrical interconnect systems
• Willingness to travel to customer, supplier and other Maxtena facilities for technical support, and oversight
• Demonstrated experience with the mechanical integration of RF, Antenna, and Baseband electrical components is highly desirable
• Demonstrated experience in root cause analysis, DFMEA, design for six sigma and test methods proficiency
• Demonstrated experience in Finite Element Analysis
• Demonstrated experience in Tolerance Analysis
• Demonstrated passion for meeting the highest standards of quality and utility while developing new solutions
• Demonstrated experience in materials and manufacturing processes
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
Maxtena is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States.
Maxtena, Inc. is looking for creative, result-driven people, who want to redesign the future of wireless technologies.
By innovating the cutting-edge antennas, our teams are enabling a new generation of wireless technologies to have better precision, design, and performance. Working at Maxtena, you will be in an open, multi-disciplinary environment of continuous learning and intellectual growth. Your involvement in unique projects demands creative solution engineering and exposure to different industries. Together we create a better connected world and save lives.
We look forward to your new ideas and our mutual growth.
Apply now and tell your friends, we are always looking for talent. In fact, be a part of the future today - at Maxtena!
Sat, 27 May 2017 12:43:12 PDT