Burger King Restaurant General Manager
~~JOB SUMMARY AND SCOPE
Directs, leads, controls and evaluates an assigned Burger King Restaurant in accordance with all established policies, procedures, standards, Company values, and applicable federal, state and local laws. Ensures continued growth and prosperity through consistent operational excellence, valid assessment of, and reaction to, local market conditions, execution of local/national product and brand marketing programs, and the successful; recruitment, selection, training, development and retention of a productive, motivated, satisfied and Guest-focused team.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Manages his/her assigned restaurant to defined levels of excellence (CORE Excellence) in accordance with all established Company policies, procedures and standards (as outlined in the Operations Manual and Administrative Policies and Procedures Manual), Company values and applicable federal, state and local laws.
• Assesses the current performance and future potential of his/her business and identifies trends / issues that impede performance before recommending and initiating corrective actions to resolve. Employs approved operational and administrative business processes, tools and systems to maximize sales and profit performance and deliver desired results.
• Identifies and solidifies sales leads in support of Company catering objective. Leads the
restaurant team and assists the area management teams in building sales through participation of, but not limited to scheduled catering and fundraiser events, etc.
• Develops, recommends, implements and executes short- and long-term business plans and budgets that promote strategic sales and profit growth. Assesses local and regional trade area and market conditions and reacts quickly and appropriately to gain or maintain competitive advantage and build brand equity and awareness.
• Attracts, recruits, selects, trains, develops, motivates and retains the quality and quantity of human resources necessary to achieve desired business outcomes in accordance with the Company's values and C.O.R.E. philosophy.
• Develops future GM bench strength utilizing the Company's internal development processes and systems to ensure operational standards, team performance and corresponding financial goals and needs of the organization are met.
• Routinely evaluates all aspects of his/her business and consults with his/her Area Supervisor and appropriate Support Center resources to ensure necessary resources are brought to bear against issues and/or opportunities affecting the business. Communicates the Company's mission, vision and values to his/her Team and ensures all Team Members understand, accept, and successfully implement and execute all brand marketing, conceptual, procedural, administrative and/or product changes and updates.
• Maximizes restaurant profitability by instituting, maintaining, utilizing and enforcing effective management practices, policies, controls, tools and systems that enhance efficiency and productivity, minimize waste and loss, and promote a safe, secure work environment for Associates and Guests alike.
• Maintains the physical facility, grounds and equipment in accordance with Company standards through implementation of scheduled preventative maintenance and timely general upkeep and repairs. Ensures all equipment, tools and resources needed to meet or exceed desired results are readily available at all times.
• Administers all aspects of the business with impeccable integrity. Ensures all employees are aware of, understand, share and practice the Company's values and operating philosophies through role modeling and ongoing education. Enforces and complies with all federal, state and local laws governing the employer-employee relationship, including but not limited to those pertaining to employment, harassment /discrimination, wage and hour, breaks, disabilities, termination of employment, worker's compensation, unemployment compensation, etc.
• Builds professional business relationships and partnerships within the community and parlays such relationships into mutually beneficial business opportunities. Participates in community affairs that build brand awareness and reflect favorably on the Company as a corporate neighbor and citizen.
• Conducts a variety of administrative duties that enhance both the restaurant's and the
organization's ability to plan, forecast, schedule, budget, analyze, manage and control business processes, systems and results. Possesses moderate computer skills (can access, organize and review reports and spreadsheets) and is proficient with various software programs, including Outlook and Menu link.
• Performs miscellaneous projects and duties as assigned.
RECOMMENDED MINIMUM JOB QUALIFICATIONS
• Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, to an array of diverse internal and external clients. Ability to listen effectively, process information quickly and accurately, and transfer knowledge in a variety of settings, including one-on-one, small groups and meetings. Ability to get things done with and through other people.
• Ability to recruit, select, supervise, coach, develop, motivate and retain talented Associates. Ability to build an effective team and establish esprit de corps across generational and multicultural lines. Ability to establish, maintain and enforce consistently high performance standards.
• Possesses thorough knowledge and understanding of general business and financial principles, including but not limited to profit and loss statements, controllable profit, drop-through, revenue generation, asset depreciation, budgeting, amortization and allocations. Ability to visualize and apply innovative solutions to current and anticipated business opportunities.
• Ability to plan, prioritize, anticipate, analyze and implement multiple projects and tasks
simultaneously within budget and on schedule.
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision. Calls upon experience and leadership skills to assess opportunities and risks, validate assumptions and take swift, appropriate actions.
• Ability to adapt to, and manage, change. Demonstrates flexibility and mental agility when assessing and responding to various routine and non-routine situations. Ability to act
decisively with or without sufficient information.
• Possesses an entrepreneurial spirit, competitive nature and contagious enthusiasm that drive team performance to achieve desired results.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature, type and level of work being performed by the Employee(s) functioning in this job. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified nor should they be construed as limiting the Company's right to modify the duties of the job.
• Education: High school diploma or G.E.D. equivalent.
• Experience and Training:
• External Candidates: 3+ years previous experience as successful General Manager of a food service operation (QSR or casual dining) generating annual sales of at least $800,000, managing a staff of 25+. Meets or exceeds minimum standards (C) on Fazoli's Management New Hire Risk Assessment. Completion of management Phase I and II and Home Restaurant Orientation. Successfully pass GM Review Board. Completion of General Manager certification checklist, completion of GM POWR School and ServSafe certification 6 months post-hire and completion of AGMSU modules 1 year post-hire.
• Must be at least 18 years of age or older.
• Must have a legal right to work in the United States.
• Must successfully clear routine and periodic background and reference checking processes.
• Must possess and maintain a valid driver's license and be able to provide proof of automobile insurance upon request.
• Must be available to work all hours of restaurant operations.
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential function of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The work is typically performed in a restaurant environment, with moderate noise. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, sit, bend, and talk and/or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Hazards: The hazards are only those present in a normal restaurant setting or while traveling by car.
The O&M Restaurant Group is a fast growing franchisee of Burger King. We are made up of hardworking restaurant professionals who take pride in making sure that our stores are run at the highest possible standards of operation.
Oklahoma City, OK
Sat, 27 May 2017 12:38:15 PDT