Salary: $43,100 - $53,600
Title: Events Manager
Category: Management and Professional
Department: Palm Desert Center
Date Posted: 03/29/2017
Position Information: Under the general supervision of the Executive Director, the Events Manager coordinates all aspects of special events, such as symposiums, colloquiums, conference and meetings, including those hosted by Palm Desert Center. Position coordinates all meetings and classroom scheduling, assists with the development and administration of policy and procedures pertaining to the use of University facilities for meetings, special events, and coordinates event details pertaining to Palm Desert Center initiated events as well as facility rental events. Produces and coordinates marketing and public relations materials for University events as assigned.
Minimum Requirements: Good judgment and effective decision-making and problem resolution skills, including skill to recognize and deal effectively and appropriately with real and potential problem areas, including skill to determine the issues/problems that need to be brought to the attention of higher level staff and/or management.
Experience with establishing schedules for event planning and execution, maintaining budget objectives, and estimating event costs.
Ability to work in diverse groups, including but not limited to students, staff, faculty, general public, production personnel, technical operators and performing artists.
Working organizational skills, including skill in effectively coordinating and organizing multiple details. Excellent organizational abilities appropriate to effective calendar management and student and/or volunteer scheduling.
Working knowledge of concepts, principles and practices of event planning and production and public relations.
Demonstrated software PC skills which include, database applications, spreadsheet and financial applications, word processing applications, event management, calendaring, etc.
Good interpersonal communication skills and political acumen, including skill in effectively representing the campus, medical center or other university organization to its publics.
Ability to work professionally under pressure and under tight deadlines; ensuring excellent customer service support.
Working knowledge of the campus, its programs, policies, mission, goals, objectives, achievements and infrastructure.
Preferred Qualifications: Experience working with audio visual equipment including projectors, document cameras, audio systems, microphones and other equipment used for presentations.
Experience working in an institution of higher education/campus environment.
Operating knowledge of University policies and procedures related to Accounting, Facilities, Material Management, Purchasing, and the organization's structure.
Additional Information: In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview