8AM - 5PM
$53,700 - $79,800
Under the general direction of the Chair, plan and coordinate the general operation of the technical aspects of production including scenery, costumes, properties, lights, sound, stage management, box office (oversight), front of house and publicity. Serve as liaison for all scheduling matters related to departmental productions and production facilities, and supervise the work of the entire technical staff.
VectorWorks,Autocad, Lightwright and Microsoft Office proficiency
Strong problem recognition/avoidance/resolution skills.
Understanding of and dedication to the concept of educational theatre and film production and the working learning environment
Effective verbal and writing skills
Knowledge of theatrical and film systems, including lighting, sound, rigging,AV/Video, cameras and editing equipment
Strong knowledge/skills in all aspects of financial and personnel administration.
Strong verbal and interpersonal communication skills to communicate complex instructions and information to disparate constituencies.
Knowledge and abilities essential to the successful performance of the duties assigned to the position
Mastery level knowledge in multiple technical theater production areas such as lighting, sound, video, costumes, hair/make-up, properties, scenery, scenic treatment, et cetera.
Knowledge of theatre literature and tradition
Ability to interact with a diverse group of constituents including faculty, administrative staff, technical crews and students
Strong working knowledge of University and collective bargaining policies, practices, rules, regulations, et cetera, including safety rules and regulations.
Professional experience in the theatre, film and television industry
In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview