Medical Laboratory Technologist
Part Time Medical Laboratory Technologist
- To provide information for diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of disease by conducting medical laboratory tests, procedures, experiments, and analyses of medium to high complexity results.
- Determines normal and abnormal components of body fluids by conducting chemical analyses of blood, urine
- Ensures operation of analyzers, spectrophotometers, and other laboratory equipment by calibrating; completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Maintains laboratory supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies.
- Conserves laboratory resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
- Provides medical technology information by answering questions and requests.
- Prepares reports of technological findings by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Maintains inter- and intradepartmental work flow by fostering a spirit of cooperation.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control and hazardous waste policies and protocols; following identification procedures.
- Maintains patient confidence and protects the lab by keeping information confidential.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Documentation Skills, Analyzing Information, Chemistry Techniques, Equipment Maintenance, FDA Health Regulations, Lab Environment, Clinical Lab Testing, Use of Medical Technologies, Organization, Attention to Detail, Clear and effective Communicator.
License/Certification: Must have a Florida State License to test for high complexity tests.
Pay: Competitive Compensation
Hours: 12-18 per week
Lynn Haven, FL
Fri, 26 May 2017 12:54:58 PDT