Restaurant Assistant Manager
Restaurant managers ensure that restaurants operate efficiently and profitably while maintaining their reputation and ethos. They must coordinate a variety of activities, whatever the size or type of the outlet. Managers are responsible for the business performance of their restaurant, as well as maintaining high standards of food, service, and health and safety.
Restaurant management combines strategic planning and day-to-day management activities, such as shift pattern organisation. Depending on the nature of the outlet, the role may have creative aspects, particularly in marketing and business development.
As a key role within the hospitality industry, restaurant management can be fast-paced, highly demanding and very rewarding.
- Taking responsibility for the business performance of the restaurant.
- Analysing and planning restaurant sales levels and profitability.
- Organising marketing activities, such as promotional events and discount schemes.
- Preparing reports at the end of the shift/week, including staff control, food control and sales.
- Creating and executing plans for department sales, profit and staff development.
- Setting budgets and/or agreeing them with senior management.
- Planning and coordinating menus.
- Coordinating the entire operation of the restaurant during scheduled shifts.
- Managing staff and providing them with feedback.
- Responding to customer complaints.
- Ensuring that all employees adhere to the company's uniform standards.
- Meeting and greeting customers and organising table reservations.
- Advising customers on menu and wine choice.
- Recruiting, training and motivating staff.
- Organising and supervising the shifts of kitchen, waiting and cleaning staff.
- Maintaining high standards of quality control, hygiene, and health and safety.
- Checking stock levels and ordering supplies.
- Preparing cash drawers and providing petty cash as required.
- Helping in any area of the restaurant when circumstances dictate.
Plaid Rhino Restaurants LLC is a privately held restaurant company that is managed from its first location and home office in Hattiesburg, Mississippi. We take pride in being a regional American restaurant that offers a consistent menu with some influence from the immediate region.
Plaid Rhino restaurants take pride in the atmosphere created when first walking in: simple, clean, and comfortable. We are not an ornate concept in appearance; we wish to spend our energy on the most important part of our business- the guest. We strive to offer food quality, presentation, and value in an atmosphere that satisfies any and all occasions a guest may need our restaurant to accommodate. We firmly believe that this combination of great food, great service, and great atmosphere will make Plaid Rhino a success now and in the future.
Fri, 26 May 2017 11:15:33 PDT